Got an offer to buy my land today.... Wasn't looking to sell it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come to the city and you will see crazy prices. You can buy a half acre lot in a subdivision for $60k and I'm not joking. I found a really nice lot in a nice subdivision and the guy was offering it at a deal for $48k. Land prices seem high to me. Anyway, for me, it would boil down to how much I used the land. If I hunted/fished on it often then I likely wouldn't sell it.

As you mentioned earlier, could you find similar land for the price they are offering you? If not, then there's no way I would sell it. Good luck, man.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What may be happening, the Real Estate Agent may just be looking for listings. Some offices make a big deal out the agent with the most listings. The listing agent gets half of the commission and the selling agent gets the other half. Getting lots of listing nets max commission with min effort. I prefer to deal with the top selling agent. Chances are there is NO INTERESTED PARTY, they just want the listing, throw a really, really stupid number out and see how they react and you will have your answer.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What may be happening, the Real Estate Agent may just be looking for listings. Some offices make a big deal out the agent with the most listings. The listing agent gets half of the commission and the selling agent gets the other half. Getting lots of listing nets max commission with min effort. I prefer to deal with the top selling agent. Chances are there is NO INTERESTED PARTY, they just want the listing, throw a really, really stupid number out and see how they react and you will have your answer.

Well we all just bought these lands 2 years ago and he was the listing agent.
He is a little small town realtor, doesn't work for a big agency

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it looks like I'm keeping it lol
The sale was contingent on all of us selling or they buy none.
Well my neighbor called him yesterday and told him he was pissed they offered me $4500 per and him only $3100 and he has three tracks!
Realtor called a big ago and said they are retracting their off that they ain't paying that much for that land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom