Gotta love the SHTF threads!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If SHTF then every Fudd with a 30-06 is gonna shoot everything with 4 legs or wings for dinner. Look at how quickly mankind wiped out the passenger pigeon!

Might as well know what flora is edible. People know you can eat pigeons, but they probably don't know what a burdock looks like.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had the same thought a few times myself L. Most important commodity is water.
You're gonna run out of steam pretty quick if you're dehydrated.

Amen! I've heard of it described as the Rule of Threes: 3 minutes without air, 3 hrs without shelter, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was really surprised at how much crap today's army expects our soldiers to lug around. We were at our daughter's home in Kansas back in February before her husband deployed. You remember those old photographs of the WWII troops? How they have ONE duffel bag, their web gear and rifle and that's it? Well. These grunts today gotta lug around THREE of those duffels as well as a ruck, their kevlar and their utility vest (whatever it's called) which has replaced the old fashioned web or ALICE gear.

All that sh*t took up an entire room! :ooh2:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've humped my own sh%t through enough hell holes to not have any illusions about "bugging out" with my wife, three young kids, and a tag-along sister-in-law.

I'm bunkering down in place...and the end will probably not be Hollywood.

All I can hope for is a cul-de-sac full of dead bodies before the end comes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom