Gotta love the SHTF threads!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've humped my own sh%t through enough hell holes to not have any illusions about "bugging out" with my wife, three young kids, and a tag-along sister-in-law.

I'm bunkering down in place...and the end will probably not be Hollywood.

All I can hope for is a cul-de-sac full of dead bodies before the end comes.

This is very much us ... GC and I are a lot of things but young is not one of them. I'll stay home and take my chances. I have one neighbor who can shoot the eyes off a fly. He is welcome to come over and share anything we have. Probably need his help to fend off the deadbeats around here long enough to burn the house down ourselves. :grumble:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can fit a lot of stuff in my truck. And it'll go just about anywhere.

It'll go anywhere a tank of gas will take you and then what? I remember the traffic jams a few years back (right after Katrina) when people were evacuating Houston before the hurricane hit. The highways looked like giant parking lots and people's cars where running out of gas as they sat in gridlock.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF it happens i am going out to my land. I have 110 acres to myself and atleast a house out there with no electricity or running water but its better than a cave. I know of atleast 3 natural springs and i have a pond with fish and access to a lake with tons of fish.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leaving your house in a "bug out situation" only makes sense if you have a good bug out location to move to. Living in the wild for 99.99% of the population is malarkey.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will head out to western Oklahoma to my Grand Pa's farm and eventually turn the place into a Mad Max 'BarterTown" complete with the 'Thunder Dome'. "Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Latest posts

Top Bottom