Gun cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brown_one2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy cleaning them. Sometimes I will take a couple out of the safe and clean even if they haven't been shot. The best part is that I have taught my kids how to clean several of them. It's one more thing that we can do together.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for me it depends on the gun but ive definitely cut back on how much I clean them. Most of the time I just run a bore snake down it a few times with some wd40 ltci then call it a day. If its a blued gun ill wipe down the outside afterwards then call it a day. Most of my guns get a basic field strip cleaning every 3rd or so outing and I will usually run some ed's red through the barrel before the ltci. I'm ok as long as my guns don't look quite this bad...

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2010_06_ppppp_desktop_px_1_tfb.jpg
So, you're saying that this isn't good?

dc4ou

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Glock that has 12,900 rounds through it. It is 100% stock and even has the original spring. I have only cleaned it about 5 or 6 times. The last time I cleaned it, it looked like an ashtray or a BBQ grill inside. Cast lead is what I shoot the most and that gun ALWAYS goes bang! You won't see a steel 1911 do that. I am not putting down your 1911s, they are still some of my favorite guns, however they won't hang with a Glock when it comes to dependability. I hope I didn't stir up a big debate, however if he does not like to clean guns, go Glock!

Latest posts

Top Bottom