GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
all I can say is... I will NOT be doing any buisness with gunworld.
I went in there about a month ago just to look around and see if they had come to their senses yet about the prices and I was dissapointed... again...

I've seen better deals from some of the hard core scammers at gun shows

Terry Hesticles

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
skruball,

Do any other GW employees/managers read these forums? Have you relayed to them the general consensus here? If so, have they offered any feedback? Or is their feedback just justification for how and what they charge? (though I know they're pretty much aware of this consensus through phone calls and walk-ins (and walk-outs))

I understand wanting and needing to make a profit in order to run a business that's considered successful, but surely they understand that coming down on the price on inventory obviously decreases the profit-per-item, but increases on the amount of inventory moved. Surely there's a compromise they could find and still be able to pull the same profits, if not more.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really understand why everyone is getting so upset with GW here. If you don't like the place then just don't go.
I will say that my dad bought a gun from Mike at GW last week. Yes he probably waaaay overpaid for it but that's subjective considering no one else in town had the gun he was looking for (diamondback 380 pocket pistol).

My dad really liked Mike. Mike talked to us without talking down to us for not being experts. He helped us out with the gun and let us use the range for free to try it out. He spent some time on the range with us even though he had other customers. He took $10 off the gun and threw in some oil and cleaning swabs. I know all of that doesn't take the gun down to the price he could have gotten it at Outdoor America... but they didn't have it.

Yes his .380 ammo was crazy overpriced. But he's practically the only one in town that has any. If you're in a jam you at least know where you could go.

This might sound like I'm trying to stick up for him... when really I'm not. Part of our purchase was new buyer lack of knowledge and part was that nobody else in town had the gun he was looking for. I know because we left and called all the other stores in town then came back an hour later because he couldn't stop thinking about it.

Again, I'm not taking up for them... I won't be buying MY gun from them or probably anything else for that matter until they get a little more reasonable with their prices. But they aren't any different than any other dealer. For example, H&H has the sig p238 for $515 while Outdoor America has it for $380. I'm new here but I haven't seen a dedicated thread outraged by H&H yet.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, GW has connections to Mashburn Arms. I like to think I am pretty darn friendly and polite as are the other people I work with. The people that were there years ago are not there now. I have been there almost a year, and have been there the longest of the other employees.

Oh this was YEARS ago. Maybe 1995? I think it was on Eastern, or Bryant. Seems like it was next to Melvin Tyler's grips.

The only unfriendly person I encountered at GW on Sunnylane was when it very first opened. I had an antique boot pistol, and was asking what an appraisal might run. Seems like the guy was retired law enforcement, it I remember. Anyway, he had that "better than me" old school police hierarchy crap going on. A real *******. I thanked him, and left. Checked the place out again about a year later. The guy I talked to then was friendly and polite. The prices are what did it for me. Good luck with it, though! Thanks for having the guts to jump in to this discussion.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<----not my store. I just work there.

On a second note; From a business standpoint, sometimes it is better to sell for a lower profit margin thus turning around the inventory faster and in the end making more revenue. Maybe this is just it, possibly GunWorld's management is questionable? Either way, if the prices were to go back down to a somewhat competitive range then I believe you(GW) be much better off.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really understand why everyone is getting so upset with GW here. If you don't like the place then just don't go.

We are upset because we see shooting and firearms as part of our own very large community...those who merely see it as a business and prey on the uninformed are not looked kindly upon.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are upset because we see shooting and firearms as part of our own very large community...those who merely see it as a business and prey on the uninformed are not looked kindly upon.

I definitely understand that, but like I said, I don't see H&H as any better. I'm a new "uninformed" buyer myself trying to get informed. As I have learned of all the shops in town over the past few months I realize now a little better where to go and where not to go. It's just that in my opinion, GW is not the only one doing this. They might be the worst... but not the only one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom