GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$39.95 for 50 rnds (target)
$39.95+ for hollowpoints

And I have been able to get Winchester White Box 100 rd for ~$34 at WalMart, and 50 rd for ~$18 at Outdoor America. I will NEVER buy ammo at Gunworld. 9mm Federal at Walmart for $9.47 while it is WHAT at Gunworld? GW takes advantage of customers for ammo. Recognize that GW is a business and needs to make a profit but there is a different between a fair profit and price gouging. Firearms are not any better. I don't understand why anybody would buy guns or ammo from GW unless they just don't care about shopping around. Again, the people are fine and the range is good.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since Gun World sells there guns for so much more, Does that mean I can get more money for my used gun from you then an individual? Sounds goods to me...

I once went in there also to have them quote a price on my BRAND NEW condition 1948 Belgium made Browning Auto 5 12 gauge. They had one that was oh I'd say about 65% condition listed at $1,100 on the shelf, since mine was immaculate I figured it would give some money comparatively speaking. Once the guy looked at he said all it was worth was $650..... Come on, then why the hell do you have one listed for near double that looks like it was dragged behind a truck........? :anyone:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once went in there also to have them quote a price on my BRAND NEW condition 1948 Belgium Auto 5 12 gauge. They had one that was oh I'd say about 65% condition listed at $1,100 on the shelf, since mine was immaculate I figured it would give some money comparatively speaking. Once the guy looked at he said all it was worth was $650..... Come on, then why the hell do you have one listed for near double that looks like it was dragged behind a truck........? :anyone:

That was a sweet gun. I cant BELIEVE what the insurance company gave you for it.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...there are a couple factors that go into this. First and foremost it IS a business, and being profitable is key to being a successful business. Second not all gun stores have the same supplier. What H&H gets from one supplier may be cheaper than what GW gets from another, for the same gun. So prices do vary from place to place, this is why people should shop around for the best deal.

Another thing is its not just the guns and prices. Its also about upkeep of the facility, range, bills, electricity..etc..etc. The money has to come from somewhere. If someone sells guns for near cost they can probably afford to because there is something else supporting the store, like a restaurant, retail other stuff. Make sense?

One last thing. When its to the point where customer service goes down the crapper along with extremely unworldly prices, sometimes it may just be a better decision to close up shop instead of haggling people who don't know better(speaking from a moral standpoint). Just my :twocents: , I have got to leave this thread instantly.

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once went in there also to have them quote a price on my BRAND NEW condition 1948 Belgium made Browning Auto 5 12 gauge. They had one that was oh I'd say about 65% condition listed at $1,100 on the shelf, since mine was immaculate I figured it would give some money comparatively speaking. Once the guy looked at he said all it was worth was $650..... Come on, then why the hell do you have one listed for near double that looks like it was dragged behind a truck........? :anyone:

Wow so much to reply too. 1st How long ago was this? 2nd...Actual merchandise pricing as going to be way different then what people would give you for the same thing. I see this all the time people come in with a gun, most of them are very nice and expect a lot of money out of it. It may have only been fired once or twice, BUT its used. Why would someone pay more for a used gun when they can buy brand new cheaper? You wouldn't pay 25K for an used 2010 car with 10 thousand miles on it when you can buy it brand new for 17 thousand would you??

Again this goes back to profit...I think of it kinda like a pawn shop. The goal is to make money off it. In order to do that you want to pay as less as possible for it then sell it for more than you paid.

Ammo...this is pretty easy...kinda. Of course Wal Mart's ammo is going to be cheaper. They buy MILLIONS of rounds at a time, which drives the price down. BUT local stores get it from suppliers and again have to make profit. NOW with that, some of the prices on ammo.....:rolleyes2

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again this goes back to profit...I think of it kinda like a pawn shop. The goal is to make money off it. In order to do that you want to pay as less as possible for it then sell it for more than you paid.

Ammo...this is pretty easy...kinda. Of course Wal Mart's ammo is going to be cheaper. They buy MILLIONS of rounds at a time, which drives the price down. BUT local stores get it from suppliers and again have to make profit. NOW with that, some of the prices on ammo.....:rolleyes2

Relative to the first comment, all I can say to that is duh. Other than that, there is a difference between profit and insane profit.

Yep, Walmart buys in huge quantities and passes the savings off to the consumer. A good reason to buy practice rounds at Walmart, don't you think? But let's talk about local stores.... Outdoor America, H&H, CJ Sports, and King Pawn & Gun are all local stores and their prices on EVERYTHING are much better. King Pawn is a smaller operation than GW and still have significantly better prices. Don't get me wrong, I am all for capitalism and making a profit but GW prices are just plain pathetic.

I am just astounded that people actually buy guns and ammo at GW. They must be too darn lazy to go anywhere else. The shop itself is pretty good from an inventory standpoint. In large corporations inventory turn, cash flow, and working capital are three very important measures. I don't see GW being successful good in any of those. If GW would actually set prices competitively they would gain significant new business and I am certain the store would be more profitable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom