GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well...there are a couple factors that go into this. First and foremost it IS a business, and being profitable is key to being a successful business. Second not all gun stores have the same supplier. What H&H gets from one supplier may be cheaper than what GW gets from another, for the same gun. So prices do vary from place to place, this is why people should shop around for the best deal.

Another thing is its not just the guns and prices. Its also about upkeep of the facility, range, bills, electricity..etc..etc. The money has to come from somewhere. If someone sells guns for near cost they can probably afford to because there is something else supporting the store, like a restaurant, retail other stuff. Make sense?
I know it's not your fault, but their prices are so ludicrous, I don't have a clue as to how he stays in business. If he brought his prices down to a reasonable level his sales volume would go up exponentially.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go there for the same reason I go to David Stanley Chevrolet. To laugh at the prices. And to see how salesmen that dont care about sales work. Sometimes I take pictures, since no one would believe that item could ever be worth that much.

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True, however as good as selling stuff is. If you sell too much and cant keep stock then you have no business. A lot of guns are on backorder because people are buying faster than companies can make them. For example the Beretta PX4 Storm sub-compact .40, cant find them. Just like the Judges were/are. Suppliers are short on a lot of guns.

Some people come in and get mad because we cant match internet pricing or other stores. Again this goes back to cost, anyone that sells a gun for under what it cost is foolish. Some people don't like that answer.

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go there for the same reason I go to David Stanley Chevrolet. To laugh at the prices. And to see how salesmen that dont care about sales work. Sometimes I take pictures, since no one would believe that item could ever be worth that much.

Hmm...maybe we "don't care" because we are not on commission. Which I think is a good thing, that way I can recommend a cheaper gun that fits your needs over a more expensive one that you don't ever shoot.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does Gun World have a connection/history to Mashburn Arms? I remember going there years ago, and his prices were CRAZY!!!

I could buy the supplier/cost theory when comparing to H&H or Outdoor America, because the sheer volume that they deal in. I bought my S&W M&P 15 at ODA for $830. Same one at H&H was closer to $1000. But Cindy at C&J will sell one pretty close to ODA's price. They are not high volume.

So there you go! Little guy can do it, and I might add is friendly and polite as well. Why can't you guys? (Gun World, I mean)

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, GW has connections to Mashburn Arms. I like to think I am pretty darn friendly and polite as are the other people I work with. The people that were there years ago are not there now. I have been there almost a year, and have been there the longest of the other employees.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes, GW has connections to Mashburn Arms. I like to think I am pretty darn friendly and polite as are the other people I work with. The people that were there years ago are not there now. I have been there almost a year, and have been there the longest of the other employees.

The people are ok but the prices are not. Handguns are priced way above every other store I have been too, it is amazing Gunworld ever sells a gun. Ammo? Don't get me started.... The indoor range is pretty nice though, I enjoy shooting there.

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some things are priced under MSRP. That is a fact...just saying. I try and do what I can, because just like ya'll I enjoy shooting (I would hope so since its my job). Overall, and bottom line, its not my store to run I wished it was but its not. So I have little control of the prices..I influence when I can. For example 9mm from 29.95 a box to 21.95. Maybe not the greatest but still better. Not everything is a bad deal. I know there were 250 rnd UMC packs for $69 which is actually pretty good.

Oh and 380 ammo? Yeah that aint going down anytime soon, not until it becomes available again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom