H&H gun prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently picked up a 4'' M&P45 from H&H for $599.99. The staff is very informed & helpful, although it is pretty obvious that they work on commission (hence the business cards.) It is a top-notch facility and my M&P is currently with the gunsmith getting some stippling done. It is true that Outdoor America can under-cut them by a couple Andrew Jacksons' due to their lack of over-head. I still feel good about buying at H&H because it is a one-stop shop, and it is a classy representation of "Gun people" to the sheep.
A "couple Andrew Jacksons? No not on that gun, a priceier gun? Yes.

OAS is generally about 10% less than H&H from what I've seen. But when I bought my M&P45 OAS just laughed and said "we wish we had one". H&H had it in stock and it went home with me. I've bought several guns from both places. I like having them both around.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I recently picked up a 4'' M&P45 from H&H for $599.99. The staff is very informed & helpful, although it is pretty obvious that they work on commission (hence the business cards.) It is a top-notch facility and my M&P is currently with the gunsmith getting some stippling done. It is true that Outdoor America can under-cut them by a couple Andrew Jacksons' due to their lack of over-head. I still feel good about buying at H&H because it is a one-stop shop, and it is a classy representation of "Gun people" to the sheep.

There was a time when I was doing stippling for H&H's employees.

Id love to see pics of your pistol when you get it back! -to see if they took any pointers from me.:)

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on the stippling.... I had a shoot this weekend and went in to pick up my gun. I asked on the turn-around not in a demanding way and was told " at least another 2 to 3 weeks I still need to do some tests with the M&P's." They were charging me $85.00 and on one of the 4 times I went in there looking for answers I payed them in advance for the work. Talking to another local gunsmith I told him of the job at H&H pending and he offered to do it at $50.00 and in one week. I would have stayed with the guys at H&H but they would not give me a clear answer on when they could have it finished. Their reply was basically "when I get to it." This may be okay for the guy that has ten handguns, but me being a student I only have two. The M&P in question is my carry & steel gun. It would have been okay if the answer was 3 weeks but according to those guys it was "whenever." The moral of this story is that I scraped up $599.99 to buy the gun there in hopes of excellent customer service and I was not taken care of. Also, when I retrieved the gun for my shoot I asked for the payment back and the senior guy in there started yelling at the employees to never take payment in advance, causing a scene. In front of customers? I was embarrassed & not pleased with their behavior on this afternoon. As I received my money & pistol back I apologized to the kid working the register for any problems that I had caused. As he handed me my $85 dollars he respectfully responded, " S**t happens." That is my take on H&H.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on the stippling.... I had a shoot this weekend and went in to pick up my gun. I asked on the turn-around not in a demanding way and was told " at least another 2 to 3 weeks I still need to do some tests with the M&P's." They were charging me $85.00 and on one of the 4 times I went in there looking for answers I payed them in advance for the work. Talking to another local gunsmith I told him of the job at H&H pending and he offered to do it at $50.00 and in one week. I would have stayed with the guys at H&H but they would not give me a clear answer on when they could have it finished. Their reply was basically "when I get to it." This may be okay for the guy that has ten handguns, but me being a student I only have two. The M&P in question is my carry & steel gun. It would have been okay if the answer was 3 weeks but according to those guys it was "whenever." The moral of this story is that I scraped up $599.99 to buy the gun there in hopes of excellent customer service and I was not taken care of. Also, when I retrieved the gun for my shoot I asked for the payment back and the senior guy in there started yelling at the employees to never take payment in advance, causing a scene. In front of customers? I was embarrassed & not pleased with their behavior on this afternoon. As I received my money & pistol back I apologized to the kid working the register for any problems that I had caused. As he handed me my $85 dollars he respectfully responded, " S**t happens." That is my take on H&H.

I took a Puma 44 mag lever action to get a screw replaced that had broken off that clamps the magazine tube to the barrel. It took them 2 months. When I got it back it was scratched all to hell, looked like they used vice grips and a hammer and chisel on the mag tube and barrel. I WAS PISSED. They kinda shrugged it off and said it was probably like that when it came in. I about hit the roof. Made a comment about a monkey f**king a football and was asked to leave. Not my favorite place to deal with. The archery guys are nice enough, the "gunsmiths" piss me off to no end, and the cocky lil sh*ts behind the gun range counter can go to hell. That is my take on H&H.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took a Puma 44 mag lever action to get a screw replaced that had broken off that clamps the magazine tube to the barrel. It took them 2 months. When I got it back it was scratched all to hell, looked like they used vice grips and a hammer and chisel on the mag tube and barrel. I WAS PISSED. They kinda shrugged it off and said it was probably like that when it came in. I about hit the roof. Made a comment about a monkey f**king a football and was asked to leave. Not my favorite place to deal with. The archery guys are nice enough, the "gunsmiths" piss me off to no end, and the cocky lil sh*ts behind the gun range counter can go to hell. That is my take on H&H.

Ditto brother.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H will always get patronage from me. Great people there and the owners have the right mindset. Great ambassadors for firearrms ownership and shooting sports.

Yes sometimes the prices are a tad high but thats the price you would need to pay for the customer service and selection that comes with a establishment of that nature.

I am also in agreement with Russ....I still shop around.

Cdemoss

Marksman
Reaction score
When I bought my G23c, they were only $20 higher than ODA, but had the gun in stock. ODA told me they were back ordered with no eta. I figured getting it same day was with $20. When I got the gun NIB, the slide would not stay back after last round, so the gunsmith fixed it for me free of charge when I got the new sights installed. I have been pleased with them for the most part. I have noticed that their acc are a little high though.

Preacher99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought a couple of guns from H&H. While their prices were a little high, they had what I wanted when I wanted it. As of late I have felt some of their customer service isn't too great. Some guys are very helpful and friendly, and others not so much.

I am sure they get tired of people asking questions all the time, but that is kind of their job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom