H&H gun prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been in there since they turned my name over to the state for no other reason than being a customer. I felt betrayed and that they are more concerned with volutarily seeking the favor of the state (and who knows, in the future maybe the federal) government than being concerned for my privacy.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been in there since they turned my name over to the state for no other reason than being a customer.

I've covered this issue ad nauseum in the other thread. No guest info was turned over to any state agency. PERIOD. Mailing information was provided to a licensed, bonded mailing service.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The letter I recieved FROM the STATE said I recieved that letter because of recent purchases FROM H&H. I don't care how they got it. In my opinion, which is the opinion H&H should be concerned about, H&H at the very least isn't doing all it can to protect my information. I've made purchases around that time from OAS but there was no mention of them in the letter. The mailing service mentioned should be taken to task if H&H is concerned at all with my info. I'll stick with buisnesses that haven't been singled out in writing as having been the source of my info "finding it's way" to the local government. And to say "Mailing information was provided to a licensed, bonded mailing service" is suppose to make everything alright or make me feel better! I don't want ANY of my patronage information sold or given to ANYONE without a warrent or federal authority to conduct an inspection/investigation.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've covered this issue ad nauseum in the other thread. No guest info was turned over to any state agency. PERIOD. Mailing information was provided to a licensed, bonded mailing service.

PERIOD! My arse!!! H&H violated everyone's trust by doing that. That's why I quit coming in there in the months before moving to Alaska. I've bought items from a number of gun stores up here and not one of them has asked me for my mailing address, etc. at the register.

Firearms and ammo prices in the 49th state are cheaper here than at H&H. And the retailers here have to deal with exhorbitant shipping charges. In my well informed opinion H&H is just hoping an uneducated sucker walks in the door every 5 minutes so they can squeeze every nickel and dime out of them that they can.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you tell us *exactly* what happened Hawgman, from the start? Disconcerting....

The state of Oklahoma did a mass mailing to try to invigorate hunting in the state. It was a targeted mailing. Among other things mentioned in the enclosed material was a statement that this info was sent to me because of recent purchases at H&H. Lot’s of people got this and, as alluded to by FAL guy, there was a lengthy and heated exchange on this forum about it. Based only on what I read, I saw no regret or hint of apology. I guess that’s why my blood boils every time the name H&H comes up. Strictly my opinion but the owner of H&H should have sent a letter of apology to everyone who received this packet from the state based on H&H patronage. At the very least my info should not be sold or given away unless I give permission. Not the law, I know, just my opinion. We’re not talking about buying a pair of shoes here. We’re talking about buying something A LOT of folks spend their waking hours trying to take from us. We even have people trying to publish the names of all concealed carry permit holders in the paper. It’s an up hill battle to protect our rights. I expect anyone who sells me a gun or ammo to help protect those rights (including my privacy). H&H will go on making lots of money and doing whatever they want with a patron’s info. It by all appearances is a prosperous store. The only thing I can do is not give them any more info than I already foolishly have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom