H&H gun prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I said, based on what I read. My meaning is that I did not read the entire thread. I got too steamed. What about the people who don't read this forum??? I still stand behind the notion the owner should have sent letters to EVERYONE who's name was turned over to the mailing service. The two explanations/apologies links you posted did not explain how the state got involved. At this point I don't even care. I received no double letters (whatever that is) only an envelope with the state emblem and an enclosed letter with state letter head. Nor was there any assurances in the links this won't happen again, only that the info wont be sold or rented. I always liked H&H. Been there many times. Won't discuss how many guns and accessories I bought over the years. This IS NOT a hate thing; I just don't trust them anymore. I'm just one man...it don't matter. A word to Will at H&H...I always enjoyed talking to you, you're a riot.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still stand behind the notion the owner should have sent letters to EVERYONE who's name was turned over to the mailing service. The two explanations/apologies links you posted did not explain how the state got involved.

Please understand, we value your opinion, and secondly, we didn't participate in this event to make anyone angry. We learned much from this experience and will not be using customer info like this again.

Letters were not sent out to everyone because quite frankly, very few folks complained. We had a very large turnout the night of the event. We had 2 or 3 customers call the store to complain, and you saw the several folks here. The vast majority appreciated the event and what we were trying to do, and paid no attention to how they received a letter.

It was never our intent to harm anyone and I apologize if anyone feels slighted.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Letters were not sent out to everyone because quite frankly, very few folks complained. We had a very large turnout the night of the event. We had 2 or 3 customers call the store to complain, and you saw the several folks here. The vast majority appreciated the event and what we were trying to do, and paid no attention to how they received a letter.

Some are more concerned than others about 2nd amendment rights and rights to privacy. To the point that many gun owners don’t even belong to the NRA. I’ve overheard, at gun counters, customers who quite obviously are novices to the shooting sports and gun ownership turn down the offer to join the NRA. Standing there making a purchase on average of $400 to $1200 (and up) and refuse to spend another $35 for the only organization defending their ability to buy that gun. Some folks wouldn’t mind if you sent their info straight to gun control lobbyists. I bought my first gun magazine at the age of 14. That was 32 years ago and I can’t remember a time we haven’t had to fight to keep the right to gun ownership. Maybe that’s made me a little sensitive to even the appearance of my 2nd amendment rights not being taken seriously. I know now the assumption was large on my part, but when I got that letter in the mail I figured H&H didn’t give one hoot, let alone two hoots, about protecting the privacy of my buying habits and wouldn’t have cared about my anger bordering on rage. So, I didn’t call to complain. I’d be willing to bet there’s still a number of former customers that are still steamed but haven’t expressed it beyond simply not shopping at H&H anymore. As for me, for what it’s worth, I’m actually considering coming in there again one day. Just because you, FAL guy, mentioned that H&H won’t be using patron’s info like this again is reassuring. A previous poster was right….we all should get along.

Reaction score
Hawgman, I don't blame you one iota for feeling as you do - and thank you - I myself am going to review how I feel about this; I don't like it either, though I don't recall getting something from the state myself.

So tell me, is this how we are to understand H&H's claim on this:

1. We didn't give names/addys to the state.
2. We gave the names/addys to a mailing service (3rd party), and then the state gave the letters to be sent out to the same third party, then they just printed the envelopes and prvided the mailout service.
3. So no connection was ever made. The 3rd party mailing service destroyed the list after the mailout, and there's no way the state has or even could have gotten the list.

Is that what we're to understand?

So YOUR name and address were not printed on the letter itself inside, actually from the states, generated by a state agency? If not, then their claim sounds true. Otherwise.....

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mailing service printed the letters, folded the letters, placed the letters in the envelopes, closed the envelopes, addressed the envleopes, and mailed the letters. They did everything, using the drafted letter, and the addresses.

The state couldn't tell you who got a letter if they wanted to.

Hawgman, I don't blame you one iota for feeling as you do - and thank you - I myself am going to review how I feel about this; I don't like it either, though I don't recall getting something from the state myself.

So tell me, is this how we are to understand H&H's claim on this:

1. We didn't give names/addys to the state.
2. We gave the names/addys to a mailing service (3rd party), and then the state gave the letters to be sent out to the same third party, then they just printed the envelopes and prvided the mailout service.
3. So no connection was ever made. The 3rd party mailing service destroyed the list after the mailout, and there's no way the state has or even could have gotten the list.

Is that what we're to understand?

So YOUR name and address were not printed on the letter itself inside, actually from the states, generated by a state agency? If not, then their claim sounds true. Otherwise.....

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I didn’t call to complain. I’d be willing to bet there’s still a number of former customers that are still steamed but haven’t expressed it beyond simply not shopping at H&H anymore.

We value every guests input...even when it is in the form of a complaint. We can't possibly expect to learn and grow if you don't learn form everything we do.

While I wouldn't necessarily call myself the compliant department, handling "issues" is a large part of my job. Some people :explode:, while most I make :bighug:.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't mean to sound like a baby but this whole exchange has been very tiring. I'm quite satisfied with FAL guy's input on this. I'm going to call this my last input on this and move on.

To answer your question the envelope I received had the state seal printed on it. The letter inside had state office letter head looking stuff printed on it. It looked 100% like it came straight from an office of the state of Oklahoma. In fact the verbage in the letter claimed it to be from some state office I now don't recall (fish and game maybe). That's what ticked me off. If it had come directly from H&H, a place I do buisness and not run by the government it wouldn't have bothered me. Just the way I feel and I don't feel like going into why. And thanks, Winslow for your words of support. Be safe, shoot lots, enjoy and protect the sport.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up a 4'' M&P45 from H&H for $599.99. The staff is very informed & helpful, although it is pretty obvious that they work on commission (hence the business cards.) It is a top-notch facility and my M&P is currently with the gunsmith getting some stippling done. It is true that Outdoor America can under-cut them by a couple Andrew Jacksons' due to their lack of over-head. I still feel good about buying at H&H because it is a one-stop shop, and it is a classy representation of "Gun people" to the sheep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom