Have you lost interest in guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiscally_irresponsible

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t lost the interest, I have lost the ability to go shooting matches and plinking due to the wife’s Alzheimer’s and not being able to leave her alone for more than a quick run to the pharmacy or grocery store
very sorry to hear that. consider getting a little pellet gun, you can pick up one for the price of a cheap 22 or less. get a cheap little dueling tree and plink in your yard!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't lost interest in guns, just haven't seen any I want to buy quite yet. On my list is the S&W .22 magnum, 30 round capacity. Just waiting for them to fix that frame/slide gap.

Do I shoot often? Wish I did more.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes for the most part.

Part of it is the lack of funds these days, face it inflation is kicking our butts, another is I dont have a place to shoot or hunt, add to it I lack the friendships I once had 20 years ago and I am well, 20 years older LOL.

Things change and so do people, you move on.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
For those not shooting because of prices and scarce ammo, don't forget air guns.
Air is free, pellets are cheap.
Not necessarily free; my Texas friend has some large bore air rifles that require such high pressure air supply that he had to buy a $3k+ scuba tank air compressor. At the range they are a PITA to recharge and dragging around all the tanks and gear.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily free; my Texas friend has some large bore air rifles that require such high pressure air supply that he had to buy a $3k+ scuba tank air compressor. At the range they are a PITA to recharge and dragging around all the tanks and gear.
True that. I have an acquaintance that can’t legally carry a firearm, but his air rifle collection is impressive along with the compressor and associated gear.
He’s taken a lot of small game as he lives out on a farm.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go back and forth with multiple hobbies. Ebb and flow like the tide. I’ll get fixated on something for a while and neglect other hobbies. But shooting and fishing usually stay pretty high on the list. I’ve been getting back into pistol shooting a bunch again. Reloading more to fuel it. Love focusing on that front sight and hearing the steel ring after the trigger breaks

Latest posts

Top Bottom