HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of Fallin but it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever vote for a democrat - ever. Bad enough I have to hold my nose to vote republican instead of... as a practical matter a vote for any but the repub or demo is a wasted vote.

Eddie005

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As I recall the NRA would not get involved in Oklahoma open carry bill and help push for it. Today I got an email from the NRA and quess what, they are involved and pushing for the California open carry bill. Whats up with that?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I recall the NRA would not get involved in Oklahoma open carry bill and help push for it. Today I got an email from the NRA and quess what, they are involved and pushing for the California open carry bill. Whats up with that?

Well - If one were to guess then my guess would be:

MONEY!
Think about it. CA pop is 37 million or so. That's almost 1 person in 9 of us that live in that state. Probably more NRA members from CA than any other state (it's the legislature that's anti - not the mainstream citizen). Then there's the common wisdom (which I don't really buy but lots do) that as CA goes so goes the nation. Getting open carry thru the CA legislature (big gorilla or not - not gonna happen) would be a really major victory for the NRA.

Sooooo...

If one were to guess - and I will - it's all about the money.​

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What's up is that the issue in OK and the issue in CA are about as different as you can get. OK passed licensed open carry of loaded handguns, one lame-duck Governor vetoed it.
Ca now has an odd type of open carry, not at all like the OK bill; the gun must be unloaded.
Concealed carry licenses in CA are issued by the country and in some counties are immpossible to get (unless you're a government official). So the only way to legally transport a handgun is carry it openly, unloaded, or put it in a secure container.
The CA legislature wants to repeal being able to openly carry an unloaded pistol, so you would have no legal way to transport except in a secure container. In OK, we can carry an unloaded pistol to our car, toss it on the passenger seat, and legally drive to our destination, so we can't imagine that CA wants to make that a felony! It is already illegal to have a handgun in the passenger compartment in CA, now it will be illegal to carry the handgun openly to put it in the trunk.

Make no mistake, the CA legislature is out to ban handguns for the peons (you and me), ban hunting, and generally disarm the public. And good ole "Arnie Kennedy" is signing every piece of garbage that crosses his desk.

CA is the tryout ground for future gun laws wanted for the entire US by enemies of 2A.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like I remember NRA contending that a state's open carry is not a 2A issue. Sooo, still wondering what changed that stance. Oh well, my membership has lapsed and they know why. Sad though.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my NRA membership has expired as well.... I have no intentions of re-newal.... when we needed them for help they were not around....

I get better bang for my buck with GOA and CRKBA group.... my funds and memberships is very current with them... I just sent my NRA money to GOA...

I even got a letter from the GOA thanking me for my membership, and my added extra donation...

never in 17 years did I ever get a letter or anything recognizing an extra donation, from the NRA???

the NRA has become more like an education, entertainment, company than a legal protector of our rights....

Latest posts

Top Bottom