HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnnr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm late to this discussion and freely admit I didn't read the 50+ pages. However, as most of the comments that I read are concerned with exposing their firearms, why don't we look at redefining "brandishing" in the SDA?

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm late to this discussion and freely admit I didn't read the 50+ pages. However, as most of the comments that I read are concerned with exposing their firearms, why don't we look at redefining "brandishing" in the SDA?

There is no such term as "brandishing" in OK law. The law requires that the handgun be carried concealed, period. OK is one of only 9 states that have no provision for legally carrying a handgun that can be seen, and the bill would have fixed that problem completely. Nobody is going to fall for any tricky semantics game; the issue is very clear and well understood. Had you listened to the debate in the legislature and read the Governor's veto, that would be clear to you. Those opposed are flatly opposed.

The Governor vetoed the bill, and enough democrat representatives changed their vote (a handfull of RHINOs already opposed the bill).to prevent a veto over ride. All of the votes against the bill came from east of I35, many from the Tulsa area. The issue is dead and would require starting over with a legislature and Governor who favored it.
:sorry4:

ADDED: There is a hopeful message from Mary Fallin:
Furthermore, I believe that gun ownership rights in Oklahoma can and should be expanded. Gov. Brad Henry vetoed an "open carry" law that would have permitted responsible gun owners to carry weapons without concealing them. When I am governor, I will sign that bill into law and send a message that in Oklahoma, we mean business when it comes to the second amendment

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There is no such term as "brandishing" in OK law. The law requires that the handgun be carried concealed, period. OK is one of only 9 states that have no provision for legally carrying a handgun that can be seen, and the bill would have fixed that problem completely. Nobody is going to fall for any tricky semantics game; the issue is very clear and well understood. Had you listened to the debate in the legislature and read the Governor's veto, that would be clear to you. Those opposed are flatly opposed.

The Governor vetoed the bill, and enough democrat representatives changed their vote (a handfull of RHINOs already opposed the bill).to prevent a veto over ride. All of the votes against the bill came from east of I35, many from the Tulsa area. The issue is dead and would require starting over with a legislature and Governor who favored it.
:sorry4:

ADDED: There is a hopeful message from Mary Fallin:
Yea saying it for campaign reasons and doing it in the face of the OSTA's opposition are worlds apart.So what rep. or sen. is going to lead the charge in the next session?

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom