Hellcat vs. 365, or what

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought the 365 last week and have put around 50 rounds through it. Fits like a glove and easy to shoot accurately. Had a Shield before and the grip length was a bit much for my stubby fingers. It would almost twist a bit when I shot it.

Shooting the 365 yesterday and I had one FTB. My 13yo had numerous FTB. After watching some YouTube videos I think the extractor spring is too stiff. I could recreate the problem with a spent casing. I’m going to run another 100 through it and see if it loosens up a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought the 365 last week and have put around 50 rounds through it. Fits like a glove and easy to shoot accurately. Had a Shield before and the grip length was a bit much for my stubby fingers. It would almost twist a bit when I shot it.

Shooting the 365 yesterday and I had one FTB. My 13yo had numerous FTB. After watching some YouTube videos I think the extractor spring is too stiff. I could recreate the problem with a spent casing. I’m going to run another 100 through it and see if it loosens up a bit.

I had an XL that was plagued with that. 500 rounds in, 2 trips to Sig and 3 RSA replacements couldn't fix the issue.

I gave up and went to YouTube. Trimmed one coil off the extractor spring. Fixed the issue. It never came back in the remaining 1200 rounds. Spent casings were ejected the same.

As far as I knew it was only the early XL's that had the issue, but maybe not.

Last edited:

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an XL that was plagued with that. 500 rounds in, 2 trips to Sig and 3 RSA replacements couldn't fix the issue.

I gave up and went to YouTube. Trimmed one coil off the extractor spring. Fixed the issue. It never came back in the remaining 1200 rounds. Spent casings were ejected the same.

my xl has run flawlessly from day one. Not one FTE or FTF. It is a newer model .

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
When looking for a carry gun for the old lady, we shot the 365, hellcat, and glock 42, 43, 43x, and 48. Ended up buying her the hellcat, and I bought a glock 48 with night sights for myself for the heck of it. Ended up falling in love with it when looking at it for her, and I’m not a glock guy.

We found that the hellcat just felt better for her, I can’t explain why, because I personally feel like the hellcat is similar to the 365. It just clicked. We also had 7 malfunctions in 2 rented 365s, over the course of 300ish rounds. Not impressed. The hellcat will eat anything I can fit in the magazine, even steel and aluminum case.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, it seems really hard to go wrong with any of the choices..... Hellcat, P365, G43 or 48.

The P365 does it for me, but I understand people preferring the others.

And that is where I find myself. I have experimented with all three of those, and truly would probably be happy with anyor all of them. The comments here have been very helpful as my plan is to go back to the range and look for the things you all have mentioned and then I'll feel happy with my choice.

Many thanks to OSA and the fine members!

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah I found a video where the guy sanded both sides of spring and that resolved the issue. That’s what I will try if it doesn’t loosen up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom