Help me Build my 300 Blackout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I can't try to get out of debt and buy a $39 dollar upper, and make plans to over say the next 6 months buy parts here and there to build it into a gun? Most of my extra money will be going to pay off debt, including side jobs donating plasma, selling things etc. A very small percentage will go towards this project. I may also take my kids to the zoo or fishing or buy them a happy meal, guess you will tell me I shouldn't do that either? I truly appreciate the advice given in the other thread, not so thankful for the hijack of this one....

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I can't try to get out of debt and buy a $39 dollar upper, and make plans to over say the next 6 months buy parts here and there to build it into a gun? Most of my extra money will be going to pay off debt, including side jobs donating plasma, selling things etc. A very small percentage will go towards this project. I may also take my kids to the zoo or fishing or buy them a happy meal, guess you will tell me I shouldn't do that either? I truly appreciate the advice given in the other thread, not so thankful for the hijack of this one....

You're 1000% right, Mitch. I have a monumental amount of debt, most likely more than probably 97% of people on this forum, excluding business debt (i.e., personal debt only). And we are working to pay it down... perhaps not as fast as CHenry and some other people think we should, but personally, I know it's going to be a many-year-long goal, so I choose to live life, enjoy some things, take care of my kid and not make him feel like he's the poor kid in town who can never have anything nice, nor do anything fun - which is how I felt growing up.

Take care of your responsibilities. Work toward a goal of paying down your debt. But don't forget to do some things for yourself that will help keep you sane and satisfied, so you don't always feel like you're working your ass off to make numbers on a page look better. That's how I feel about it, anyways.

<edit> To stay on topic somewhat, I think you can certainly find some bargain barrels for that .300 that are a fraction of what the Noveske is. I've never bought into the Noveske/Daniel Defense hype. Yes, they are good quality, but there are plenty of other good quality brands and parts. Most of my rifles are not anywhere in that pricerange, but I'll put money down they shoot pretty damn comparably and are plenty durable, to boot.

Check out SOTA Arms for .300 barrels, they're much cheaper and seem to be decent quality.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I have RRA, Mossberg and some other barrels I can't remember... I bought them on a whim because they were dirt cheap. Haven't shot them yet, though.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Noveske stainless barrel for my 300blk...I really just wanted the pinned gas block. Now that I bought a gas block pinning fixture, there is no need for an expensive barrel. The bullets you are shooting with the 300blk aren't going to shoot one hole groups so I would go with the CMMG and save some money.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Noveske stainless barrel for my 300blk...I really just wanted the pinned gas block. Now that I bought a gas block pinning fixture, there is no need for an expensive barrel. The bullets you are shooting with the 300blk aren't going to shoot one hole groups so I would go with the CMMG and save some money.

Link/price on said pinning fixture? Have 2 SBR's that will be wearing new adj. gas blocks and would rather pin than clamp or set screw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom