Hi Point Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HP .380 was the first pistol I bought when I turned 21. Never any problems other than mag feeding issues. I won't get rid of it but its not my favorite either. Now on to the carbines. I love them. I've had 5 or 6 995's. I still have a couple. Put a few thousand rounds through each of them and they still kick azz. Never had to use the lifetime warranty but I did call them and ask about some sights for a rifle I got at a show that we're missing. Very nice and polite customer service said I can ship you some free just need your address. I buy them when I find them cheap.

Ditto,,, carbines rock. Blast to shoot, accurate and reliable.

scalawag pimp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hating on HiPoints is how people justify spending money on Sigs and Colts.

I wouldn't buy a pistol (too bulky) but their carbines are pretty cool.

WAIT........... I collect Sigs and Colts!

I have never owned a HiPoint but from everything I have read and all the info from people that own them, they seem to be a great low cost solution. But as most have said, they are ugly.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a used .45 real cheap a few years ago, just for something to shoot while I was looking for another gun.

It was like carrying around a concrete block, but it was accurate and never failed. It was also deafeningly loud!

It quickly became known among my shooting buddies as "The Ghetto Blaster".

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks folks, that's a big help. Since I sit all the time the weight should not be a problem. If size is a issue, I want one so that if I have to pull it, it will look so big and ugly, that I hopefully will not have to have it go bang. But if I do I'm glad they are close or accurate. If I just hit center of mass with a .45 it should slow them down some.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, in a quest to find other who have customized HiPoints to reduce weight, I found some interesting pictures.

This HiPoint is money.

www.guns.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_02_Custom_Hi_Point_12.jpg

Last edited:

Deslock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They must be doing something right, the carbines seem to be non existent atm, been looking for a 995 for three months and still can't find one. I agree they are kind of ugly, but I wouldn't mind having one to just toss in the glove box for a spare/beater.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am disappointed, in 27 posts there is no gun snobbery. There is hope.

Hi-point .40 and .45 pistols are some HUGE guns, but dadgum they are reliable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom