High Power Scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy used a meuller on his 308 tactical and shot many rounds of ammo at 800+ yards and right on the money every time.
I thought the eye relief was a bit short for me..But the glass was much better than my nikon buckmaster.
I use a 4x16 on my .308 and 30-06 and i have only dialed it to 14 power 1 time..to try to hit a crow over 1200 yards.
I shot low..hit the wood he was sitting on...THUD..
Wished i had a 20x that time..
here is the mueller he uses..or used to use...he is trying out a fixed power scope now
Research it and i bet it would be fine on the 338..mueller is a good company
http://www.chuckhawks.com/mueller_eraticator_8-25x50.htm

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother in law has the 6-24x50 Vortex PST on his Savage 338 Lapua and likes it; I have the 4-16 PST on my 6.5-06 and really like it, especially the EBR-1 reticle (MOA). Just my $.02. And if you ever get out around Elk City, you can beat H&H prices on Vortex's by a couple hundred bucks.

Blewis11

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've actually been looking pretty hard at that vortex pst. It doesn't seem to get a bad review and it looks pretty nice. I've spent the last 2 days figuring out the type of shooting i'm doing, I don't need front focal plane. I won't be shooting back to back that quick that i need to measure yardage on the scope I don't think. Thanks everybody for weighing in. I've got it narrowed down to two scopes now and I'll figure it out from here.

Billy

Latest posts

Top Bottom