HK SP5K COMING SOON

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
hk-sp5k-660x330.jpg

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What advantage does this have over a short-barrel ar-15? It seems to me the terminal ballistics advantage of the AR would offset the increase in recoil and be the way to go, but honestly I don't know enough about them.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ummm.. it's a ****ing HK! LOL

No but really, the sole purpose of the SP5k is a SBR or host gun for a sear, when you have that I bet you'd leave that AR home 9/10.

Comparing it to an AR of similar size, 'd say 9mm wins for many reasons. Maybe if you did an 8" 300blk that ran reliably as an HK gun. My opinion is bias tho, I've always loved H&K firearms for their history and innovations.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm.. it's a ****ing HK! LOL

No but really, the sole purpose of the SP5k is a SBR or host gun for a sear, when you have that I bet you'd leave that AR home 9/10.

Comparing it to an AR of similar size, 'd say 9mm wins for many reasons. Maybe if you did an 8" 300blk that ran reliably as an HK gun. My opinion is bias tho, I've always loved H&K firearms for their history and innovations.
Do you mean for fun, or for defense? I have no doubt it's more fun. But I'm wondering if it gives you any advantages for practical defense uses? I'm not being argumentative, just trying to learn.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you're using one for defense I suppose it would have a few advantages over an AR.
1.) Lower muzzle flash and percussion
2.) Easy to shoot with one hand, incase you need the other
3.) Much more compact for house spaces
4.) Cheaper ammo=more practice

Latest posts

Top Bottom