HK SP5K COMING SOON

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Pretty damn awesome but you could nearly get 2 scorpions with cans for that much. Not saying I wouldn't want to CHOOT it tho.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Well of course if your talking about a rifle barrel. I was talking about 5.56 from an AR the size or similar as possible to the sp5k. That be like firing a .22 with a deafening percussion

True enough for the .223. The .300blk should be more or less accurate from a short barrel, at least for the subsonic.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think that the only way 9mm would be superior to .223 or .300blk would be cost.View attachment 58109
Would be interesting to see a similar graph with all of them subsonic & suppressed.
NikatKimber said:
The .300blk should be more or less accurate from a short barrel, at least for the subsonic.
It is at reasonably short distances, trajectory is something of a rainbow as you reach 100 yards and beyond.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see a similar graph with all of them subsonic & suppressed.

All subsonic? .223 doesn't really do anything subsonic. It's basically a .22lr +p as a subsonic. Suppression shouldn't affect velocity much at all, so for close quarters ballistics it doesn't really need to be considered. You're only significant changes are weapon length, and reduced sound volume.

It is at reasonably short distances, trajectory is something of a rainbow as you reach 100 yards and beyond.

As far as the trajectory, it's better than 9mm.

upload_2016-7-22_12-4-12.png

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All subsonic? .223 doesn't really do anything subsonic. It's basically a .22lr +p as a subsonic. Suppression shouldn't affect velocity much at all, so for close quarters ballistics it doesn't really need to be considered. You're only significant changes are weapon length, and reduced sound volume.
My point regarding sub vs. super is that in close quarters the "crack" from supers is almost as bad as the initial report, and suppression doesn't change that. If the goal of shooting suppressed is to decrease noise then you need to be shooting subs - and when I see that normal 9mm doesn't start out much better than .300 BLK subs I can't imagine it would help to be shooting it suppressed.
As far as the trajectory, it's better than 9mm.
Thanks for the chart, I've never attempted to fire 9mm at any sort of range so it's very educational. I have shot .300 BLK subsonic/suppressed enough to be confident my 8" barrel is capable of consistently ringing a gong at 100 yards, and since its purpose in life is HD that's good enough for me. I do shoot a few supers through the can at the end of range sessions just to blow any excess dust out of the can, and that's the real source of my comment regarding the "crack" even when suppressed.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My point regarding sub vs. super is that in close quarters the "crack" from supers is almost as bad as the initial report, and suppression doesn't change that. If the goal of shooting suppressed is to decrease noise then you need to be shooting subs - and when I see that normal 9mm doesn't start out much better than .300 BLK subs I can't imagine it would help to be shooting it suppressed.

I'm not following here. What do you mean by this?

Thanks for the chart, I've never attempted to fire 9mm at any sort of range so it's very educational. I have shot .300 BLK subsonic/suppressed enough to be confident my 8" barrel is capable of consistently ringing a gong at 100 yards, and since its purpose in life is HD that's good enough for me. I do shoot a few supers through the can at the end of range sessions just to blow any excess dust out of the can, and that's the real source of my comment regarding the "crack" even when suppressed.

You're welcome! I just finished an 8.5" .300blk. I've shot 9mm, among other pistol rounds, at 100yds. Supported one can make hits from that distance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom