HK SP5K COMING SOON

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... and when I see that normal 9mm doesn't start out much better than .300 BLK subs I can't imagine it would help to be shooting it suppressed.
I'm not following here. What do you mean by this?
Was looking at your chart, showing 9mm 115gr and 147gr bracketing .300 BLK 200gr sub between them and guessing that 9mm subsonic/suppressed wouldn't be as close.
I've shot 9mm, among other pistol rounds, at 100yds. Supported one can make hits from that distance.
Don't doubt it, just never have tried it - well, with the exception of helping a friend zero his Beretta CX4 Storm.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out to Luther at the range and was popping steel with my suppressed Scorpion. Havinv some issues with my Aimpoint micro, but once I got my dope I hit at least 50%. Not bad for 8 inch steel at 200 yards.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is bad ass. Thanks for sharing. I thought they were doing themselves a disservice by not playing in their own niche market. But still $2500 -$2700 is a bit crazy, I am currently working on my next project.
Sig MPX SBR Suppressed (Silencerco Omega 9k) and I will still be under that price range for the base pistol. Just waiting on my tax stamps. Then I need to buy the stock and have the barrel chopped to tuck the suppressor. The other thing i like about the mpx is that there are some parts that are interchangeable with the AR (tirgger, grip, etc) I upgraded the trigger to a gissele SSA and now it feels amazing. I am sure upgrades to the HK will come but will be down the line and probably pretty pricey. I don't think you can compare the two as the mpx is bigger and a lot different. If I had the funds, I'd do both.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the ones asking why the HK over the AR 9mm(or other pure blowback 9mms)...I have a sbr built from a colt smg 9mm parts kit with all the best colt parts and all colt mags. Reliability is not so great. Sound suppression is ok. Lots of action noise and chamber bark. Recoil is too much for a 9mm because of excessive bolt velocity smacking the buffer. Cases are bulged due to pure blowback and light bolt(my 7" upper works better though). These problems apply to other 9mm carbines as well.

As for the mp5's...The hk mp5 style sbr that i built and welded from clone and hk parts has NEVER manfunctioned in any way in the 1000's of subsonic reloads ive put through it(knock on wood). Sound suppression is excellent with the delayed unlocking(no chamber bark), bolt velocity is slow and recoil is soft. Cases come out in great shape. it was worth the $1400 i spend to build it!

And for the 300 blackout comparison...Since sound is the main reason for this kind of setup i prefer the quieter 9mm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom