horrible experience as a customer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First I apologise to everybody that swears by metric cycle, I cant stand it any longer. I have never had so many bad dealings with a company before and a blatant lack of any customer service.

It started last octoberish I posted on here about my yamaha maxim 650, and got many referals to metric cycle, I went up there and spoke with there mechanic kendal I believe is his name (best employee they have, should be running the whole office). we shot the breeze he talked to me not at me made me feel very comfortable about being a noob rider, gave me a rough estamate to work on the carbs of the maxim and said they were about 3 weeks out on the work, I said not a big deal he filled out a work order and I kept my bike as it was still ridable just needed some adjusting. 2 months go by and nothing. thats where the red flags start coming out...

when I went back I spoke with brad (@ss hat) he told me that my bike was to old for them to work on (I figured money is money either way but if they want to turn down buisness thats there call), and I made a remark that it would have been nice to get a phone call so that I could explore other options, he just stood there with a blank expression. a few months go by I upgraded to a vulcan, I love the bike. then one day im riding about 2 months ago and it just died and would not restart when I got home all the gas just poured out of the tank and would not start. so through osa I asked about 3 different shops near me and got a strong responce to take it to metric cycle. and this is where it really goes down hill

when loading it on the trailer to take it there I break the taillight (my fault) I take it there and drop it off and tell them whats happening and that I would also need a new taillight. about 5 days go by with no word I go back and they had no idea what I was talking about or that they even had my bike (work order was lost) so they refilled it out, about another week goes by I call back and they say that it was ready (with no phone call to let me know). I go get my bike and they forgot to order the tail light that I paid for, and they charged me 60 dollars for a battery that I did not need (mine was fine when I droped it off) I asked why I was charged for a battery and they said they would have to ask there tech, when I start riding my bike it wasent riding right so I took it back and they said they would take a look, 3 days go by and I hear nothing. I call them and they said its fixed and I could pick it up, (again a phone call to me would have been nice). when I get there still no tail light, and they said that the tech tested the battery and it was "bad", and of course they have already disposed of the old one.

bike running ok 3 days later I call again about the tail light and they say its in,(again I call them, see a pattern developing?) I go and it is the wrong taillight, I am clearly upset but keep my cool, the entire time brad the @ss hat and the dumb blonde behind the counter make 0 effort to fix anything... another few days go by and gas starts pouring out of my air intake. I ride it up there drop it off they said that they would look at it nad call back 4-5 days later I call yet again and the mechanic said ohh yeah you can come pick it up, I looked at it and didnt find anything wrong..... AHHHHHH.... why can these freaking people make an outbound call to tell there customers that there merchandise or motorcycle is ready?!?!?!?!?!..... I go up there clearly paterbed this time and @ss hat makes a half hearted excuse with no real resolution they didnt even test drive my bike I know this because I droped it off with 123.4 miles on the trip odo and it was still the same when I picked it up... so yesterday I called back yet again and yes they have my tail light in and I can come pick it up. so I do and they try to charge me 5 dollars difference in cost.. I tell him there is no way in hell I am paying him another dime, he looks at the invoice and said the difference was a gasget that came with it, I said I didnt care I was not paying for it... Ass hat proceeds to open the package pull out the tail light and hand it to me without the gasket.... UNBELIEVABLE so now my bike is finally running right (for now) and I have all the parts and service I paid for after 2 months of fighting them (polightly) the entire time.

so to recap 1.never called on my first bike, no apology. 2. lost work order on second bike and delayed start, no apology. 3. charged for battery I did not need. no attempt to correct or apology 4. did not order tail light no apology 5-??? you get the idea I will not do buisness with these people again, very unhappy and they have 0 customer satisfaction or retention skills at all. AND THEY DONT CALL THERE CUSTOMERS, you have to baby sit them to get your buisness done, or your finished product will just float around untill whenever. ok my rambling rant is over thank you for waisting your time reading my post

rehpot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel ya, I doubt you'll take it back there again when it needs work so hopefully it's the end of your frustrating experiences. Keep telling your story, it's the only way you can get back at them for how they treated you.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That kinda seems the norm at a lot of mc shops. It's like they have a pissy attitude about somebody who has to take their bike to someone to get fixed. They treat you like an idiot for not being a do it yourself guy. When all the while, if you weren't there, shop would close and they'd be out of a job.

Not all, but a lot of mc shops seem to be filled with pompus, disorganized, a-holes

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had good luck with Brady and the shop in the past. They tuned my first Busa, worked on my wife's Katana. I have done all my own work on my 09 Busa though. If I had a tire machine, I would not need a shop for anything.

fallingrock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^What he said^^ There is no excuse for customer service like that. Carb work etc. I can understand paying someone else to do the work. But the taillight lens? I bet you spent more time on the phone with those jokers than it would have taken you to order it online and install yourself. Pretty safe to say you would have saved some cash on the lens too not to mention the labor. Definitely pick up a manual. You'll likely surprise yourself at what all you can do yourself. Keep the rubber side down and safe cycling :)

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is not that he could have done the simpler stuff himself. Point is he paid them for it. If they tgought he shouldnt have then they shouldnt have taken his money

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One reason I quit going to Green Country, they act like it was a bother to come in and get service or parts. They have improved a little and only charged me 30 bucks to change a tire if I take the rim and tire to them. Tulsa Cycle Supply charges way more than that to just change a tire on a carried in rim. I dont know of any "good" shops in town anymore. Its frustrating. If I had the cash, I would buy Green Country and run it the way a shop should be run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom