HOW do you plan TO COOK when the SHTF?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its called a Mortal and pedestal.

Grist mills, etc.
I can take you to lots of low water dams that used water power for making flour, and they aren't that far away.

Native Americans use them to make flour. Not a lot of volume, but it does the job.

Actually it's a mortar and pestle, but I knew what you meant

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we always used a coke can stove when we backpack the back country, but during those really cold times it can be hard to start/maintain. Switched over to an aluminum beer bottle stove for the thicker metal, worked well in the cold. Bean can stove is a good wood stove too. Uber-cheap to make, super effective. We use single serving service canteens for pots

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its been awhile, but there was a thing going around about polishing the bottom of a soda can with chocolate (?) and cook a hot dog on it.

I passed on a field test.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been around for awhile, but there is a book that was written by a lady that cooked over an open fire with paper sacks. She made an appearance on one of the late night shows. Boiled water, made soups, etc.
never forgot it.

Edit: just googled cooking in a paper bag. Lots of info out there.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dlg7Rd8sHL0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Ddlg7Rd8sHL0&autoplay=1

He's one of my favorite YouTubers. Always laid back and gives good information without being political.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I traverse across the country visiting my previously stashed cashes, and eat with you?

Absolutely! Bring ammo and cammo, I have friends to provide the vegtables. I guarantee our group is self sustaining.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Latest posts

Top Bottom