how'd everyone do yesterday?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
he was moving early in the day? i'm thinking thats the strategy.congrats on the deer.i may try to hunt early afternoon saturday before i have to hand out some candy.

p.s. dennis,where are you hunting around ponca?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
congrats... nice buck!
seems any deer this year is a good deer...

would not have gotten a shot except for my stalking flushed one out.
you've got to stalk very quietly or you cannot get close enough to be effective. deer will scent/hear you coming and all you will get is faint glimpses at their white tails as they are running....

I'll be going out again soon... my large freezer is down and I have not got off my butt and fixed it yet. it's got a leaky condenser coil which is buried inside. I've got to silver solder an external coil to fix.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have been seeing lots of doe and a few bucks in the morning but they are normally gone by 0930 and at dark everything i see is so far away. today i just got bored of being in the house because of the rain and decided to go out just to get out make the day go by faster. i never see anything in the middle of the day i walked over a hill and i saw about 8 doe grazing in a valley and they didn't pay any attention to me. so i figured there had to be a buck nearby and when i walked around the corner there were 2 bucks just standing there eating grass one was the one i shot and the other was a really small 4 point. i thought i missed him because he was near a cedar tree and right after i shot and the smoke cleared a tree limb was bouncing then i saw the deer splash down in the creek when he tried to jump it i think he died in mid air.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_10_29_09_1248.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_DSC_0012.jpg

I was driving home last night and had to stop, turn on my overhead emergency lights and pull a buck that size out of HWY 60.... That's my first deer of the year. lol

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy shot this one this morning. He has been watching him for weeks and has lots of pictures. G2s are 11' or so and inside spread looks to be about 20".
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_JonsBuck002.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom