Hudiberg car dealerships in OKC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i buy my cars/ trucks from Gabe at rick jones in El Reno . Nice people, service goes out of their way on warranty repairs . ten years 5 vehicles later and never a bad experience. in my younger days i whipped a salesman at Gandara Buick because he would not give my keys back when i was ready to go.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Hudiburg is where the pickup I can't quite like came from.

My wife against a car salesperson. Total domination , I go just watch the master action. She once told a lady salesperson "Honey, you can go take that push up bra off, he ain't buying the car I am. "
I actually laughed out loud at that. That gal was pissed.

The last car she bought, she got up and walked out because they added $250 or so on for stuff that may have been legit. But she paid the number she was quoted and got BOTH cars filled up the one she drove up (grandsons mom drove back) and the one she bought.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. You negotiate the deal as if you're going to finance through them then after you hammer out the absolute lowest price, then you tell them you'll be paying cash for it, you write a check and leave with the car. They will negotiate to a lower price if they think you are financing through them because they are expecting to get a kick back from the finance company.
I just walk in tell them what I want and how much I will pay. They start out Oh no way. But if you do your home work and leave a little meat on the bone and aren't afraid to walk away you can win, it actually gets easier the second time with a salesman.

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
dealerships = stealerships, New or used then wait until service ,maintenance or repair is needed. Yeah they're ready to do you again. I would rather take my chances any time with a individual person.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta brag on my wife, when it comes to money, inerest, financing, excellent credit score, she is the best. She can show Dave Ramsey how to make and save money!! I love to watch her deal with car salesmen....poor guys. My 5'4" wife is 10' tall and bullet proof at a car dealership. 1st. She tells them she wants X car, shows them credit reports she has obtained, tells them NOT to pull a credit report on her..she has them in her hand and gives them to the salesman. If he pulls the credit report..it loses one point for every time it's pulled. She'll have a tooth pulled before she loses one point on credit...she's that (insane) protective. 2nd.She knows how much the car should cost..not what the salesman tells her what the payment is, but the cost..she can figure in the interest and payments in her head. Don't play the fu € king game of getting the sales manager. Don't fu € k with her..she wants to buy a car today and if they can't or won't sell one, there's a million other swinging di € ks who will. Trust me..that's how she talks to car salesmen!! 3rd. If she feels in anyway like she's being played, she's gone. If they call the house she tells them if they call again, she'll call the district attorney about harassment. I've mentioned to her a few times that we can put down half the price of the car. She looks at me like I have cat sh! t rubbed all over my face. She likes low to no interst money to work for her. Her motto: "It's not how much you can make, but how much you can save". If they played that "yo-yo"b.s. with her...Lord have mercy on that person. She'd haul azz to the nearest walmart, buy the cheapest aluminum basball bat and start swinging for the outfield!!! Inerest is a bad word to her unless it's working in her favor. Side note:about 15 years ago when we were first married she showed her stuff to a credit card manager. She looked at the credit card bill and saw we were paying 6-8% interest...OH HELL NO!!! She calls the credit card company and tells the person on the phone that she wants to talk to the head man..not a flunky..but the big manager. The so called manager gets on the phone and she cuts into him about how the 6-8% interest is breaking her b@lls!! She's been a customer with them for a few years and they'll lower the interst to 1-3% or she'll cut up the card and find a better deal...breaking her b@lls, breaking her b@lls. Well, in about 25 minutes she had them to 2% on our credit card..locked in..letter confirmed..permanent deal. That was back in 1997 or 98. She's a wheeler/dealer...let me tell you what!! Except at the blackjack tables!!!

I enjoy the Cohiba stories!
Yes---the Blackjack tables conquer all.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to a car dealership & research online and find the exact car that I want...I write down all options and extras and include part numbers or skus

I find 4-5 dealers in the area...I walk up to the first salesman I see and hand him the paper that lists out exactly what I want. I include a fax number at the bottom with instructions that they should fax me their offer if they want to sell that car. No other contact information included.

I always get several faxes with generally aggressive pricing. I then go to the dealer with the lowest bid and present my trade-in, down payment, and any other rebates I may have access to. Then I give them my financing papers that were already secured from my own personal bank.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find threads like this funny, people say the want "no haggle" but that is really not the case. I sold cars for 4 YEARS at enterprise where we had a one price system that was below book value, period. There was no haggling on the price, nothing, it was like buying something at wal mart... That was my life for 4 years, worked 6 days a week, numerous 12 hour shifts, etc.. (so i have some experience). One of the most frustrating things was how THE CONSUMER was the one that would "lie" (i use that term lightly). They would come in and say things like "i hate dealing with dealerships" and "i don't want to haggle at all", etc.. I would show them a car they loved, they would want to "think about it" and then drive down the road, spend 3 hours fighting with a dealership and get talked into a deal (numerous of them would come back to me saying "how do I get out of this deal").

So i find this thread comical because the CONSUMER is what drives the haggling, I had numerous people brag to me "how they made the dealership lose money" or "the salesperson didn't make any money off of me", etc.. People like to FEEL like they got a good deal and the haggling at dealerships provide that. We sold a fraction of what a normal dealer would sale, largely because people kept going back to dealers to "get a deal"...

lastly, i don't expect some of you to respond to this post, since you know i am the scum of the earth...

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are scum salesmen and guys playing an honest game trying to make a buck. My friend sold cars for a summer and he could have made more money by upselling people on cars they can't afford or not moving on the price, but he gave a little more or pitched the right car for the right budget (more or less). It got him canned by the end of the summer because Marc Heitz preferred to push loaded Tahoes on someone with a mid-tier Blazer budget than keep someone around who pushed for a sale, but pushed for the right sale. He wasn't heart-broken since it was time to start the Fall semester and he preferred to wait tables during the semester.

I'm one of the rare ones who prefers to buy from a person or a no haggle place. Hell, I'll play a little more for a no stress buying experience or buy from an individual any day before dealing with a traditional dealership. I bought a car from Carmax and was damned happy giving them an extra 500-700 to avoid the trouble, the same goes for my truck I recently bought from a private seller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom