I’m old enough to remember when...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm old enough that I could have watched every Super Bowl. I haven't watched a single one.

It puzzles me why so many adults get so invested in a game that they do not participate in. Buncha entitled illiterate wife beaters....these are not the guys that took a break to fight WW2, then returned to play football. Like baseball, it has changed into something far from it's origins.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife watched the game as did my daughter-in-law and the wife must have watched some after game show.

I could hear them complaining and screaming at KC for playing terrible.
lots of WTF's and Idiots!! is what I was hearing .

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I did our taxes and cooked some deer and mushrooms. Wife was at work.

You're either accomplishing something or you are not. Football players and television networks would be panhandling to make a living if it were up to me.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember gas was 19 cents a gallon. Cigarettes were 25 cents a pack. No Push button phones,no cell phones,no computers,VCR's,cable,only 3 channels on tv. And the funniest cartoons every Saturday morning.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When going to college you had to use a slide rule for math problems. Fortunately I missed the invention of the abacus and it’s use so I’ll have to let older members chime in on that one.:bolt::yelclap:
Lol, Terry may remember when that was invented... :D

My older Bro-inlaw took some evening classes on the GI bill when I was 16 or 17, and I remember tinkering with his slide rule some. Wouldn't say I was proficient, but the math stuff ya can do on those is pretty amazing.
:drunk2:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm old enough that I could have watched every Super Bowl. I haven't watched a single one.

It puzzles me why so many adults get so invested in a game that they do not participate in. Buncha entitled illiterate wife beaters....these are not the guys that took a break to fight WW2, then returned to play football. Like baseball, it has changed into something far from it's origins.

Dang...you and I have something in common. I've never watched a Super Bowl either. And, while there used to be some decent people playing professional sports, I'm afraid those days are long gone.

I remember when gasoline tanker trucks had a chain and iron weight hanging off the rear end bouncing and sparking going down the highway. Dad said it was to get rid of static electricity.

Thus came about the anti-static strap that was attached to the rear bumper and made contact with the highway at slower speeds. No sparking with those.

Yeah, but are you old enough to remember when MTV played music videos?

MTV came about when I was probably in my early 30's, but we never had the opportunity to hear any of their stuff. I did see a small, maybe 2 minute segment of a music video with a somewhat scantily clad young lady. Wasn't impressed with the music, but the lady looked OK.

Lol, Terry may remember when that was invented... :D

My older Bro-inlaw took some evening classes on the GI bill when I was 16 or 17, and I remember tinkering with his slide rule some. Wouldn't say I was proficient, but the math stuff ya can do on those is pretty amazing.
:drunk2:

Math was never my forte, and my woodworking skills weren't up to the task to make those little bitty balls and drill holes in them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom