I am asking for prayers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far so good. Waiting on results of cat scan, if all good; surgery will be tomorrow morning at 6:00am and should be 6 hours or so.
Apparently the artery is enlarged and could burst if left untreated. They will more than like take an extra mammary (sp?) artery and bypass it. Said that should only add about 30 minutes to the total procedure.
Thank you for the prayers I will update all tonightz

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far so good. Waiting on results of cat scan, if all good; surgery will be tomorrow morning at 6:00am and should be 6 hours or so.
Apparently the artery is enlarged and could burst if left untreated. They will more than like take an extra mammary (sp?) artery and bypass it. Said that should only add about 30 minutes to the total procedure.
Thank you for the prayers I will update all tonightz

Yup, they're gonna snatch the LIMA from the inside of your chest wall and patch it in. Pretty simple procedure that one, since they're already gonna have you open. A single bypass like that, they use the LIMA mostly. If they need more, they'll usually use the saphenous vein or one of the radial arteries.

Good luck, man, definitely praying for you. I can't imagine how you feel right now, but God is with you. No matter what.:D

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, they're gonna snatch the LIMA from the inside of your chest wall and patch it in. Pretty simple procedure that one, since they're already gonna have you open. A single bypass like that, they use the LIMA mostly. If they need more, they'll usually use the saphenous vein or one of the radial arteries.

Good luck, man, definitely praying for you. I can't imagine how you feel right now, but God is with you. No matter what.:D
Amen to that. Thank you. I am at peace (for now) Just trusting that God has seen me through this so far, and I have no reason to think He will not continue.
17 years ago He kept me alive as I had a dissection of my ascending aorta that was not able to be seen by cat scan. I walked around for 3 months with a tiny blood clot keeping me from bleeding out internally. They discovered the tear when the did surgery to repair my aortic valve and add a Dacron graph to my ascending. The surgeons were amazed.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen to that. Thank you. I am at peace (for now) Just trusting that God has seen me through this so far, and I have no reason to think He will not continue.
17 years ago He kept me alive as I had a dissection of my ascending aorta that was not able to be seen by cat scan. I walked around for 3 months with a tiny blood clot keeping me from bleeding out internally. They discovered the tear when the did surgery to repair my aortic valve and add a Dacron graph to my ascending. The surgeons were amazed.

For the most part of my life, I've been content with what God has given me, with little worry about what is to come. However, back in 2013, I had my cataract surgery. I never even considered lasik surgery because I didn't want anyone messing with my eyes. That morning of the surgery on the first eye, I would have given my left leg to have had my pipe (I had quit smoking 10 years before) because I was rather frantic.

After the first one, they stopped in the process of the second surgery two weeks later, and the nurse told me, "Terry, you really need to take a deep breath." Apparently, I was so relaxed that time that I was breathing shallow and they might not have known I was even breathing.

So, even if you do have a bit of anxiety, He is probably allowing it to keep us humble.

Prayers for you, Sir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom