I was brainwashed by the NRA and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with many of the posts here that the NRA is not perfect. However, it was run by very different people over the decades and hence its defence against attacks on our gun rights has also varied.
IMHO, in the current war against our rights, the NRA has stood firmly on our side.
I like the funny T shirt above except it calls it a "scare of 2013"....IMHO it's more like the start of a war on our rights that will continue until we win the cultural batle that guns are good tools!
So, as of now, NRA has my FULL SUPPORT!
Of course we should support GOA as well, but NRA is much bigger and politically we have no other choice. One option for those of us who are unhappy with the current Board of the NRA is to become a life member and then ELECT people you like.
:)

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA is still the most powerful pro-gun lobby and it has a lot of influence in DC. It, in turn, is influenced by it's members. If more constitutionalists had been NRA members at those crucial times in history maybe the NRA would have taken different actions. The NRA isn't an individual, it isn't even a corporation, it's a group made up of millions of members who can shape the direction it takes. Today the NRA seems to be as strict as I ever remember them being. It even rejected a bipartisan compromise made among two politicians ranked highly by the NRA. I believe it's because this is the way the membership has pushed the NRA to go. So you can either become a member and sway the future, or not and just complain about the past.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

Remember, before the NRA got involved in McDonald, we were on a path of the SCOTUS recognizing the Second Amendment as protecting an immunity of being a United States citizen. Instead, we got stuck with any infringement being presumed constitutional until otherwise decided specifically by the court.

Exactly!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NRA is FAR from perfect and they've made some BIG mistakes in the past. However, imagine how badly we'd have been steamrolled by Sandy Hook without them. For that reason alone, I'm still a member.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Best quote about the NRA is from King of the Hill..... "I can't believe you guys. Dale, the NRA is a Washington D.C.-based organization. Are you telling me you support Washington D.C.?"-Hank

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot about the contrarian gun folks who hate the NRA

So I'm playing around in the comments on youtube and also some gun focused blogs and a common assertion is that I've been brainwashed by the NRA. To the point I'm finding it insulting, the only reason I support gun rights is because I'm brainwashed? Really? None of the rational reasoned analysis I've engaged in for the last 25 years while considering this issue counts for anything? I've been brainwashed? Give me a pocking break! So that is the context of why I started this thread, I probably should have included this from the start. It's just that I thought of this while driving into work and just thought the brainwashed t-shirt would be funny

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA is FAR from perfect and they've made some BIG mistakes in the past. However, imagine how badly we'd have been steamrolled by Sandy Hook without them. For that reason alone, I'm still a member.

so you joined back after sandy hook?

the NRA endorsed the legislation that created gun-free school zones.

sandy hook was the best thing to happen for the NRA since columbine.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so you joined back after sandy hook?

the NRA endorsed the legislation that created gun-free school zones.

sandy hook was the best thing to happen for the NRA since columbine.

No, I've been a continuous member for over 15 years. Without them, there'd be no 2nd Amendment left to stand on. Say what you will about their agenda. As a matter of fact, if you have something to say about their agenda, it falls on deaf ears if you're not working to change it from within. :(

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I've been a continuous member for over 15 years. Without them, there'd be no 2nd Amendment left to stand on. Say what you will about their agenda. As a matter of fact, if you have something to say about their agenda, it falls on deaf ears if you're not working to change it from within. :(

I'd go so far as to say with out them we would have already shot the bastards and got it over with.... But instead they just let them steal our rights a little at a time with their compromises.

Latest posts

Top Bottom