I was brainwashed by the NRA and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmm. good plan. waste my money on a lobbying organization that uses my rights as barganing chips, and fear-mongers with the best of 'em to drum up donations. the same organization that has done more to harm the 2nd amendment than the brady campaign, while pissing on our heads and saying it's raining...

naah.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hmm. good plan. waste my money on a lobbying organization that uses my rights as barganing chips, and fear-mongers with the best of 'em to drum up donations. the same organization that has done more to harm the 2nd amendment than the brady campaign, while pissing on our heads and saying it's raining...

naah.

Let me know when you do better. ;)

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A long time ago I decided to get my feet wet with the NRA. I purchased a year-long membership. I remain convinced they spent every penny on postage to send me begging letters. Unimpressive.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you do know the reason many states passed laws preventing open carry was because of the nra right? well the nra Reagan and the desire to disarm the black panthers.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with many of the posts here that the NRA is not perfect. However, it was run by very different people over the decades and hence its defence against attacks on our gun rights has also varied.
IMHO, in the current war against our rights, the NRA has stood firmly on our side.
I like the funny T shirt above except it calls it a "scare of 2013"....IMHO it's more like the start of a war on our rights that will continue until we win the cultural batle that guns are good tools!
So, as of now, NRA has my FULL SUPPORT!
Of course we should support GOA as well, but NRA is much bigger and politically we have no other choice. One option for those of us who are unhappy with the current Board of the NRA is to become a life member and then ELECT people you like.
:)
because it is monetarily in their favor to do so. they truly dont care about your rights. they only care about the cash. this is why in the 60's they demanded gun law's preventing loaded weapons being open carried in california. they lobbied for it to disarm the black panthers and they made millions off it through donations. if there wasnt enough money coming in to lobby against background checks and more members saying they were ok with it they would lobby for background checks. on top of this gun control we very tight at the founding of the nation. so for those longing to go back to those founding days need to really learn history.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
because it is monetarily in their favor to do so. they truly dont care about your rights. they only care about the cash. this is why in the 60's they demanded gun law's preventing loaded weapons being open carried in california. they lobbied for it to disarm the black panthers and they made millions off it through donations. if there wasnt enough money coming in to lobby against background checks and more members saying they were ok with it they would lobby for background checks. on top of this gun control we very tight at the founding of the nation. so for those longing to go back to those founding days need to really learn history.

IMHO, when we want something done in DC, we need a good lobbying organization on our side. The NRA and the GOA are it. The GOA is purer in my opinion, but the NRA is BIGGER.
Second, it may be an oversimplification to characterize the NRA as a person with feelings and emotions....it is a bunch of people that change from time to time.
What some folks who were in the NRA did a few years or decades ago may not be connected at all to what the folks who are in it today are doing.
I'm pretty sure that if it had not been for the NRA and the GOA, Universal background checks, Assault weapon ban and high cap mag bans would have passed over the last 2 months, and we would all be having to register our firearms right now.

also, I am not really sure why folks on here are angry at the NRA's behavior over the last year or so..IMHO it has been better than I hoped for. I can see why the anti 2As are angry at the NRA, but why anyone here (who is pro 2A) would be angry with them is hard to understand, if you look at what they have done over the last few months.

It may be wiser to judge the organization by what they did in the last year or two, than what they did 20 years ago.
also, it is advisable to join it if you haven't already, become a life member and then try to become an officer in it yourself!
:)

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good idea guys. Let's disavow the NRA and see where we are in 10 years. I'm sure it will be a firearms utopia.

:screwy:

imagine if all the 2nd supporters who were NRA members left the organization, and put that money into a real pro-2nd group. maybe we could undo some of the damage caused by the NRA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom