I was brainwashed by the NRA and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People keep wanting to bring up what the NRA did long ago but ignore what they have done recently. The NRA stood up and said NO to ANY expansion of the background check system. And that isn't because a bunch of pro-gun people quit the NRA, it's because they joined. If the NRA is mostly populated with hunters (or sport shooters or law enforcement officers...) then it will be more concerned with what hunters are concerned with. If it is mostly full of pro-second amendment gun owners then it share their concerns. And the fact is, hunters are mostly concerned with hunting and while many of them are staunch second amendment supporters, many aren't and are only concerned with what affects them directly. If you are a staunch second amendment supporter quitting the NRA is exactly what you don't want to do if you want to protect the second amendment. It's like not voting anymore because a guy you don't like was once elected to office.
+1. Good post!
:)

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joining a Pro-Gun organization of a few tens of theousands of members and talking down the NRA which has millions, is a lot like voting for Ron Paul to get Obama out of office.

It's a fart in a windstorm.

You have a point. :)
However, I think most folks agree the GOA is a very good organization, worth supporting for sure. It's good to spread the wealth a little bit IMHO, and not just donate EVERYTHNG to the NRA. I believe the GOA keeps the NRA and many of our politicians honest and Larry Pratt was much more vocal and appeared in a lot more forums during the start of the recent (and still ongoing) battle for the RKBA. While NRA is clearly the 800 pound Gorilla that we have to support, the GOA was also pretty influential, IMHO, during the recent BIlls before the US Senate, especially Universal Background checks.

I attended a recent meeting in TUlsa where Pratt appeared, and he is spot-on!
I'm supporting both!
:)

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

Remember, before the NRA got involved in McDonald, we were on a path of the SCOTUS recognizing the Second Amendment as protecting an immunity of being a United States citizen. Instead, we got stuck with any infringement being presumed constitutional until otherwise decided specifically by the court.

Veg,
Can you supply some sources for this info as far as the cited "turn" the NRA influenced in the decision? I'm interested in reading it. Thanks, man!

stromtomb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
why give money to two organizations that would likely work against one another? why not just give more to the one that is true to the cause, rather than its pocketbook?

So tell me, which group do you give money to, or support in some other way, to protect these rights that you are so fond of? I see you talking down every group that anyone else suggests, so who's fighting for your rights, Otis?

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've turned down the NRA, which has proudly supported infringements since at least the '30s...

goa, jfpo, etc have done more for gun rights than the nra has, and less against the right to keep and bear...

i call and write my reps, share info with others, and introduce others to shooting. don't need the nra for that...

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the front of the shirt

I was brainwashed by the NRA

NRA LOGO

and all I got was this lousy t-shirt, and...

On the back

...millions of allies to help me defend my inalienable right to own and carry arms

...Hunter Safety Classes

...Safe firearm handling classes

...and arguments on the Oklahoma Shooters Forum=)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've turned down the NRA, which has proudly supported infringements since at least the '30s...

goa, jfpo, etc have done more for gun rights than the nra has, and less against the right to keep and bear...

i call and write my reps, share info with others, and introduce others to shooting. don't need the nra for that...

But you don't put your money where your mouth is. Pretty typical of the badmouthers...:disappoin

Latest posts

Top Bottom