If it ain't one thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been down the capacitor road a couple times. 1st time i unwittingly let an hvac company charge me $350 for a $40 part and literally 10mins of work

Second time I ordered the part on eBay and installed it myself
Locke carries them or
grainger

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Locke carries them or
grainger
I thought Locke did not sell to normal people. I know I always had to give them our business number before. I think I will have to let the AC people fix it this time to keep the wife happy, but I will order in one from Amazon to keep on hand.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you own a house, it never stops. My wife came into the garage Friday to tell me we had a water leak under the master bathroom sink. I tore into it to find the 1/2" pipe water connections had rusted away on my under the counter hot water heater. New one is coming tomorrow. Later that night I was using the kitchen sink and it started backing up. Going to callout a plumber today for that. Yesterday I was working out in the garage all day. When I decided to quit for the day, I reached up and pulled the little ball chain to turn it off and the chain broke right at the switch. The fan was stuck running, and I had the kill a breaker to shut it off. The switch has a terminal made to it with several wires plugged into it. Most likely have to replace the fan. Because of crap breaking all the time and friends needing help I don't think I'll live long enough to get my old car restored.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you own a house, it never stops. My wife came into the garage Friday to tell me we had a water leak under the master bathroom sink. I tore into it to find the 1/2" pipe water connections had rusted away on my under the counter hot water heater. New one is coming tomorrow. Later that night I was using the kitchen sink and it started backing up. Going to callout a plumber today for that. Yesterday I was working out in the garage all day. When I decided to quit for the day, I reached up and pulled the little ball chain to turn it off and the chain broke right at the switch. The fan was stuck running, and I had the kill a breaker to shut it off. The switch has a terminal made to it with several wires plugged into it. Most likely have to replace the fan. Because of crap breaking all the time and friends needing help I don't think I'll live long enough to get my old car restored.
Truth! Replacing a toilet seat today. Just put a new chain switch part in our ceiling fan. $9 part from Amazon.. chain came out, like yours…. Could go on and on. BUT not the A/C 🤞(yet..)

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like it's been said- houses are like an x wife- they can bleed you out- but renting is no fun either- stuff breaks there and it takes forever for the owners el cheapo heat and air guy to show up who patches it to go a little longer. If you rent @ $1000 per month for 10 years- that's $150,000. and you still own nothing. When you own your home- there are going to be things to fix- if you don't know how- learn how. I bought a Ryobi small battery snake to work on sink drains- it was $65 and I've used it a half dozen times. I had a major line clog twice- went to Home Depot and rented a big snake- one time after a Thanksgiving dinner- I got a stuffed animal out I guess one of the kids flushed- next time it was after putting down a tile floor, I pulled out a towel that was put in the toilet pipe to keep stuff out when doing the floor, and I guess it slipped down the pipe without being noticed. I worked in a generator/starter shop when I was a kid and so electric doesn't bother me. I do most of the electrical fixes that come up- patched roofs- replaced faucets/sinks- fixed sheetrock- painted- replaced glass- doors- flooring- trim- refinished cabinets/countertops- put in new toilets- hardware- concrete- flowerbeds- rock pavers- you name it! I'm 69 now and it's getting tougher, but I don't give up, had a garbage disposal go out- ordered one from Amazon- didn't have enough strength to push up and lock in place- got a 3 gal bucket and 6' 2x4- had my daughter gently pry it up and I got it locked in- reconnected everything dizzy the whole time with blood pressure acting up when I get down on my back. I have owned a home since I was 20- have no regrets. Bought, sold- gave to x wife a good number of houses- made money on every one of them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got it fixed. I decided to check the drain line again. A little water was trickling down but not enough I tore it apart last night since I could not sleep and got it working. I will have to pick up some new glue and a pvc 45 today but that is a small price to pay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom