If it ain't one thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get my capacitors from Johnstone Supply. They carry a nice big inventory and can even match up the crappy Chinese capacitors that came with my Chinesium combo lathe/milling machine. All the capacitors on the machine crapped out within less than a year after I bought the unit in 2011. No problems since then.

Woody

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN if you don’t have a spare capacitor on hand, I’d take a look at which one your system uses and pick one up. Cheap, easy insurance to have on hand. With our often brutal OK summers, it’s a matter of when it goes out, not if.
Yea I plan on it my next Amazon order.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought Locke did not sell to normal people. I know I always had to give them our business number before. I think I will have to let the AC people fix it this time to keep the wife happy, but I will order in one from Amazon to keep on hand.
Make sure you order the correct size of capacitor.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you own a house, it never stops. My wife came into the garage Friday to tell me we had a water leak under the master bathroom sink. I tore into it to find the 1/2" pipe water connections had rusted away on my under the counter hot water heater. New one is coming tomorrow. Later that night I was using the kitchen sink and it started backing up. Going to callout a plumber today for that. Yesterday I was working out in the garage all day. When I decided to quit for the day, I reached up and pulled the little ball chain to turn it off and the chain broke right at the switch. The fan was stuck running, and I had the kill a breaker to shut it off. The switch has a terminal made to it with several wires plugged into it. Most likely have to replace the fan. Because of crap breaking all the time and friends needing help I don't think I'll live long enough to get my old car restored.
Lowes sells those replacement switches.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got it fixed. I decided to check the drain line again. A little water was trickling down but not enough I tore it apart last night since I could not sleep and got it working. I will have to pick up some new glue and a pvc 45 today but that is a small price to pay.

WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOUNG MAN? Get back here you little turd ball!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought Locke did not sell to normal people. I know I always had to give them our business number before. I think I will have to let the AC people fix it this time to keep the wife happy, but I will order in one from Amazon to keep on hand.
Maybe your not normal? LOL, yes, they sell to the general public but if you have a business account, they offer different prices.
No different than Lowes, contractors open a business account to get cheaper prices on bulk lumber and such.

Latest posts

Top Bottom