If it ain't one thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did the car fix go?
They had to work at it. The pulleys were dirty, partly from the belt dressing I used on them, and it took them a couple hours to get them clean and not squealing. I must say it was the most pleasant car repair I have ever had done. Sat around eating a donut and enjoying chatting with some nice folks while watching the hummingbirds zip around.

Hard to find them as they are on Old Route 66 which is one step above a game trail. :rotflmao:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe your not normal? LOL, yes, they sell to the general public but if you have a business account, they offer different prices.
No different than Lowes, contractors open a business account to get cheaper prices on bulk lumber and such.
Normal is a setting on the dryer. :P

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had to work at it. The pulleys were dirty, partly from the belt dressing I used on them, and it took them a couple hours to get them clean and not squealing. I must say it was the most pleasant car repair I have ever had done. Sat around eating a donut and enjoying chatting with some nice folks while watching the hummingbirds zip around.

Hard to find them as they are on Old Route 66 which is one step above a game trail. :rotflmao:
Is that all it needed was cleaning? What about all the stuff hibdons said was wrong?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that all it needed was cleaning? What about all the stuff hibdons said was wrong?
Hibdon lied. It does have a small oil leak on a valve cover but nothing major. I did not have them check anything else yet as I was trying not to take advantage of them. I just the belts done before we lost one going to the doc one day.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sugar free donut? 😉

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last August the condenser fan motor failed on our unit. Squealed and froze up. The service guy was 5 hours out, 105 outside…..I knew I had nothing to lose, so I pulled it apart. The shaft was dry, the oil seal shattered and spread across the barn floor, the bushings were coked up and the felts were dry. I polished the armature shaft and scrubbed the bushings with a 45 caliber bore brush. I soaked the felts with light oil and reassembled it. We had AC again! I took a pic of the label and found an OEM replacement on Amazon for $165, one week for delivery. When Mr. Heatandair showed up, he wanted $895 for the replacement! No thanks…. I kept an eye on it, checking the amperage draw every day until the new motor arrived. I do keep a spare capacitor and contactor on hand, cheap insurance for the most likely failures…. I also kept the original fan motor, JIC. A better quality digital volt meter will read capacitance, and you can check it easily. I’ve read the standard tolerance is +/- 5% of rated value. This is a big one they will soak you for, so it’s a good thing to learn.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I thought Locke did not sell to normal people. I know I always had to give them our business number before. I think I will have to let the AC people fix it this time to keep the wife happy, but I will order in one from Amazon to keep on hand.
Locke here in Shawnee is a little weird. Sometimes they won't sell to you unless you are a contractor and other times they don't even ask.

Latest posts

Top Bottom