If the shtf would you share?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In full on survival mode, those that bring something to the table will be fed. Those that don't will starve. If you darken my door looking for food, you'd better be hauling a load of firewood, clothing, medicine, 1st Aid supplies, something of value. You'd better be willing to stay and build a community of hard working, survival minded folks. Strength in numbers and many hands make light work.

If all you bring to the table is your worthless need, you're SOL!

Nothing more to add to this.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just read a book about the SHTF thing.

Interesting to note that the author suggested if one is in an outlying community that they should adopt a community pantry that is contributed to roving persons, with a sign at the front gate telling them to move along and hit the community pantry.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that everything in that blog post can also be applied to "normal" non-SHTF life. How is "prepping" any different than keeping your financial house in order in "regular" life?

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com_2013_03_nah.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aside from some random acts of kindness now and then, any sharing I did would have benefit my goals. For example; physically capable neighbor who is good at gardening and has large supply of seeds and hand tools with a wife who is a old school canner and cook but they have no firearms...No problem sliding them one of the old Mosins and a case of ammo. My tribe just got bigger and stronger.

sethk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing you have to realize is that community is going to be key in any post-SHTF world. No matter how much you prepare and stockpile, in the long run you will find yourself in need of stuff or support that you cannot provide for yourself. When that time comes, you can either be an a-hole who has pushed everybody else away and who know one wants to help. Or you can rely on the relationships and partnerships that you've developed by being a decent and collaborative person.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just read a book about the SHTF thing.

Interesting to note that the author suggested if one is in an outlying community that they should adopt a community pantry that is contributed to roving persons, with a sign at the front gate telling them to move along and hit the community pantry.

sounds very lib-tard Babba like; we MUST redistribute the wealth. Those who have worked, planned, saved and prepared have a RESPONSIBILTY to care for those who want to sit on their fat assess with their hand out.

Phil got it right ....................... NAH!

Latest posts

Top Bottom