If the shtf would you share?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll do what I can to help others, but I will not give away all that I've spent time, money, effort, toil, sweat and tears to accumulate.

I'm just really worried about the free loading crowd. You know the ones, the ones who are too lazy to work, who live in section 8, free cell phones, free utilities, etc etc etc, and just want to live off the taxpayer. If they are old, frail, sick, children, decent people, I'll help them.

If you voted for, and continue to support obama, then screw you. If you drive up in a car with obama bumper stickers, screw you.

Did I mention I dislike obama?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In full on survival mode, those that bring something to the table will be fed. Those that don't will starve. If you darken my door looking for food, you'd better be hauling a load of firewood, clothing, medicine, 1st Aid supplies, something of value. You'd better be willing to stay and build a community of hard working, survival minded folks. Strength in numbers and many hands make light work.

If all you bring to the table is your worthless need, you're SOL!

Well said.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had a mini scenario just the past couple years evidenced in the 22lr shortage.
A lot of people got caught without any reserve.
We've all heard the pissing and moaning about that.
Just wait until we have a shtf day.
Folks are not prepared to survive more than a few days.
You best be thinking about where you can hide your stash.
Because they will be coming for it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problem in sharing some lead. Freeloaders show up with nothing to offer had better leave promptly when told or lead will be handed to them, at high velocity.

Show up with kids??????????? We must do it for the children. Taking in orphans is the ONLY option.

My S-I-L tells her family, "When SHTF, we have family in OK that is prepared, go there." Only problem is she doesn't know where THERE is. IF they can make the 400 mile journey AND find us, they will be fed. I don't expect to see them.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had a mini scenario just the past couple years evidenced in the 22lr shortage. A lot of people got caught without any reserve. We've all heard the pissing and moaning about that. Just wait until we have a shtf day. Folks are not prepared to survive more than a few days. You best be thinking about where you can hide your stash. Because they will be coming for it.

People will respect my ccw badge and I won't have to hide jack squat!!

End of the world is slightly different than the current situation. I fuss about ammo now because it costs a lot and I can't shoot as much as I would like. In the end of the world, no more recreational shooting. With that scenario, I have plenty of annoy to last a long time. I think there are a lot of people in the same situation. I could be wrong though. If I am, it may be the first time.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more extreme the conditions the less I'd share. Gotta draw the line somewhere. I definitely wouldn't share in the early stages of WROL or SHTF though. What's in it for me? That's the question I'd ask.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally it all depends on my situation at the time. I will share with those that bring something to the table, or if I had the place I want all family and some OSA members. Say like if BB and GC showed up, them I would help. I know them, what they can do, and they have helped us before.
Been I would not share with, OK I might share him with the dogs but that is it! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom