If the shtf would you share?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides, prepping has become a mainstream hobby of sorts ... I think maybe there are more folks out there paying attention than it seems on the surface ... At least I hope ... :)

An example of this. My sister is visiting from California. She'd not been to our current home before and wanted a tour of the bunker. I expected her to be shocked and cynical about my food storage, but I got a surprise. She told me about her and her husband's prepping and she wanted info on my water filtration system. Could have knocked me over with a feather. She's the last person that I would have expected to be prepping. I was pleased and proud of her.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to remember a bumper sticker from my youth "Gas, Grass or Ass. Nobody rides for free."

Wouldn't be exactly the same now, but the jist would be.

If the SHTF, I might share, but only after I have finished securing the WalMart.

Dave

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In full on survival mode, those that bring something to the table will be fed. Those that don't will starve. If you darken my door looking for food, you'd better be hauling a load of firewood, clothing, medicine, 1st Aid supplies, something of value. You'd better be willing to stay and build a community of hard working, survival minded folks. Strength in numbers and many hands make light work.

If all you bring to the table is your worthless need, you're SOL!

will you accept large quantities of ammo?

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe it or not there are a BUNCH of OSA members who live over here in my neighborhood, many of them I swap favors with now. I would be more than glad to work with each of them. Folks I don't know, I'd be a little less gracious with ... especially if all they showed up with was their hand out and an attitude ...

but i want some fried chicken and mashed taters.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In full on survival mode, those that bring something to the table will be fed. Those that don't will starve. If you darken my door looking for food, you'd better be hauling a load of firewood, clothing, medicine, 1st Aid supplies, something of value. You'd better be willing to stay and build a community of hard working, survival minded folks. Strength in numbers and many hands make light work.

If all you bring to the table is your worthless need, you're SOL!

+1+1+1

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why I bring skills to the table. Everyone should learn a skill that would help in this situation. You can't be an expert at everything. Work together not against and no freeloaders!

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have the attitude when hearing.." if the SHTF then I cam coming to your house" of saying yeah good luck with that hope you can dodge a bullet... but then I got to thinking about it.. most of the folks I know have it fairly good... and if things are that bad that they are heading to my house to live... well then maybe I need to rethink that attitude. so now I say.. you know what... if things are that bad then come on down... but you better be doing something to help yourself and bring some food with you!... taking this approach has actually pushed a few of them into doing some basic prepping... even have one couple that have added their own stash to ours as a last resort for themselves. It might just be me but I think pushing back on those that say those things only pushes them further into not prepping and makes us look a little more crazy than they think we are.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom