I'm impressed Browning 1911-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 years later, still haven't found anything it won't run but sights still suck. Finish is holding up well but I do not keep it in a holster. Has taken several varmints, still not sure why I can hit so well with this little gun considering I hate the sights. All in all happy with it and would buy another one if I didn't have it.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a used Browning 1911-22A-1 full size back in July of 2013 -- 1 magazine and had government style sights; very accurate, but the sights were hard for me to see. -- as I recall the magazines were very hard to find -- Bill's Sporting Goods in Claremore had them at $34 a piece -- In 2015 I ended up selling that one and buying a Black Label Compact .22 -- Excellent shooter; better grips and sights -- I liked it shooting it so much; I bought the Black Label 1911-.380 full size without a rail; You would think the Black Label gun would come with Black Label grips; it came with some decent checked grips -- Ended up finding a set of Black Label grips that match my .22.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
3 years later, still haven't found anything it won't run but sights still suck. Finish is holding up well but I do not keep it in a holster. Has taken several varmints, still not sure why I can hit so well with this little gun considering I hate the sights. All in all happy with it and would buy another one if I didn't have it.
I did notice the sights were small and the rear notch was very shallow. The size and weight is what got my attention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom