I'm just not creative enough for a ton of ARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of .450 Bushmaster at the Ardmore Orshchelins today. Also lots of 300WinMag, but I don’t think you can make an AR around that. Could be wrong though, I don’t know much about AR.

Nemo Arms makes a 300 Win Mag AR-Style rifle.
https://nemoarms.com/product-category/rifles/

I’d rather spend money on ammunition and practice shooting, than build 10+ AR rifles. I don’t have any fantasies of supplying arms to my buddies when the SHTF and I’m not investing in ARs to sell for big profit when a ban or some other such scarcity comes to fruition.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question. If you could build two ARs:

- Two with a 1:8 twist
OR
- One with a 1:7, and one with a 1:8

Which would you do, and why?

Just curious, still trying to learn AR stuff.
:drunk2:

Good question. Have to say I am very ignorant so I would ask is there that much of a difference between a 1:7 and a 1:8? Especially if one is shooting most bullets under 62gr?

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That CZ is beautiful.

Thank you sir! That picture really does not do it justice either. It is really a sexy rifle.

I use do to have a heavy barrel Sako in .223 that would shoot pretty well but nothing like this CZ. I was concerned about the 1:9 barrel but the way it runs, I have no complaints.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
What no one is talking about here is why there aren't more 45/70 options in the AR world. I'd love this one, but dang look at that MSRP https://www.phoenixweaponry.com/christine-45-70-auto

Well that is likely the coolest AR I have seen in a while.

For me building AR's isnt super exciting. Its kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type of firearm for the average shooter. A pistol for HD, an AR10 for longer shots, an iron sight upper and a red dot/magnified AR cover all I need. I do love the idea of being able to collect uppers and using the platform for its modularity. Recently I have been gravitating more towards bolt guns when it comes to hunting. The accuracy and light weight is a winner in my book. AR's have turned more into HD and range toys for me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question. If you could build two ARs:

- Two with a 1:8 twist
OR
- One with a 1:7, and one with a 1:8

Which would you do, and why?

Just curious, still trying to learn AR stuff.
:drunk2:

I'd probably build a 14.5" pinned or 16" with 1:8 and an 18" with 1:7. I'd shoot lighter bullets in the short gun and strictly heavies in the 18". IIRC, the optimal twist rate to run all the prevalent bullet weights is 1:7.7", so really 1:8 would theoretically be better for 62gr and under.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your the kind of person who wanted to build one and earmark it for each of your young children then you could end up with what would seem like too many. Especially if you have 6 kids. Add an SBR in there and another as a beater truck gun maybe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom