In need: tap - left hand thread m10x1.25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone have or know a place in OKC area i can pick up or barrow a left handed tap in size m10x1.25. i've called most places but cant find any.

i can either buy or barrow for a few days. just need to tap some aluminum tie rods, i ended up cutting mine to short. leaving for a trip on

tuesday or i'd just order online.

pm or give me a call, 918seven04-5440

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes you can find specialty tools like that at motorcycles shops. The might thread it for you, but I doubt they would loan it.
You say it's for tie rod ends? I'm guessing you've already tried a front end shops.
You might also try Craigslist.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Tulsa your best shot would be Wholesale tool.

Since you mentioned Tie Rods, are you sure you aren't looking for a Die?

Taps thread holes, Dies thread round stock.

If you can't find a die you might look for someone with a lathe that can cut threads.

Last edited:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Setve's ( wholesale tool ) or CK&W does not have one then the cheap metric set at harbor freight has one in it. Be warned though. They are pretty crappy you'd need to take very small chips

here is the set

http://www.harborfreight.com/40-piece-metric-carbon-steel-tap-and-die-set-39384.html

ETA, I missed the whole left hand thread bit. Finding one of thoes is going to be a pretty tall order

Left hand will be very tough.

You realize that Steve's Wholesale, and Wholesale Tool are actually two separate entities? It is very unlikely Steve's will have it, they mainly have Vermont American pre-packaged items. Wholesale tool has an extensive inventory of machine tool supplies, they are on 55th east of Mingo.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on Wholesale Tool. They have had many items in stock when I couldn't find them anywhere else.

Didn't the OP want it in OKC area though?

Latest posts

Top Bottom