Informing LEO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to have everything out when the cop gets to my window. If I don't have it out yet I tell them I have a sda card and I am armed so they don't get nervous when I'm fishing out my wallet that is close to my pistol. I have only been pulled over once since I got my ccl and got stopped in a road block once. But in my experience most cops relax once they know you are licensed.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was stopped by an Oklahoma Highway patrolman and just handed him my driver's license and concealed permit card. He asked where the gun was and I
told him in my pocket and he said fine and went back to his car. I got a warning for speeding in a construction zone on a Sunday when they weren't even
working! :rolleyes2

Yup, I do the same. Not sure where it says anything has to be verbal.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was shocked when my wife told me about this story last night at dinner. She has an elderly couple that are her customers and they told her about an encounter they had with law enforcement around here. This is in the town of Beggs, OK,.. south of Tulsa between Okmulgee and Tulsa. This is unbelievable.

This couple is in their late 50's and very normal looking country people. They got stopped in Beggs this past Friday night. Both husband and wife have CCW permits but did not have any weapons with them at the time. A young policeman gets out of the patrol car and walks up to the husband. He opens up his wallet to get his driver's license out and the policeman sees his CCW permit in his wallet and goes ballistic yelling,.. "Do you have a weapon?? Do you have a (insert f-bomb) weapon on you?" Before he could tell the policeman that he didn't have it with him,.. he calls for backup and then interrogates the wife with a flashlight in her face. The police search the car and she tells them that normally she keeps the pistol in the glove box. They wouldn't even listen to her. 2 more patrol cars show up and these people are scared to death. Finally,.. the young policeman realizes 1) That they never had a weapon with them,.. and 2) That their son went to high school with him,... and 3) He acted like a complete fool.

Just a crazy story,... I was so upset when my wife told me this. I have heard nothing but good stories regarding encounters with law enforcement. This is the first I've ever heard of a policeman getting a little crazy in this situation. I understand it is the exception and not the norm.

Anyway,.. Just a heads up for those of you who might travel thru Beggs.

Be safe.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was stopped by an Oklahoma Highway patrolman and just handed him my driver's license and concealed permit card. He asked where the gun was and I
told him in my pocket and he said fine and went back to his car. I got a warning for speeding in a construction zone on a Sunday when they weren't even
working! :rolleyes2
Well, at least he didnt ask you ...where you were going.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom