Interesting Traffic Stop with CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My biggest gripe is that they are in many cases blatantly impersonating police or other LE officers. As someone who gives a lot of respect to those in uniform performing their job, this is of great concern to me. Does this not bother anyone else?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma has reciprocity with Florida and has no restriction on non-resident licenses. A Florida CCW is kosher here.

It's not weird, it's not illegal, and as per the SDA, it's not probable cause.

If one is an OK resident shouldn't they have an OK CCW. Nothing keeps them from getting an out of state CCW if that one is recognized by more states than OK's is.

Just seems to me that if you're a resident you should have a resident CCW.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C. Flashing lights are prohibited except on an authorized emergency vehicle, school bus, church bus as defined in Section 11-705.1 of this title, snow- removal equipment, wreckers and tow vehicles while at the scene of an emergency, or on any vehicle as a means of indicating a right or left turn, or the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring unusual care in approaching, overtaking or passing. Flashing red or blue lights or a combination of flashing red and blue lights may be used on authorized emergency vehicles, or on vehicles or machinery owned or operated by any agency of the state or by any county or city when engaged in the performance of emergency work or on the construction or maintenance of highways or bridges, or on wreckers and tow vehicles at the scene of an emergency.

And there you have it....

That's the part I was thinking of, thank you.

I also agree with the OP that while no law was broken, you can have a gut feeling or sense of disagreement with the situation. I agree it would sure make sense to get these guys under the enforcement umbrella of CLEET, as we do security guards and PIs. It just makes sense.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My biggest gripe is that they are in many cases blatantly impersonating police or other LE officers. As someone who gives a lot of respect to those in uniform performing their job, this is of great concern to me. Does this not bother anyone else?
I would hope that it bothers everyone. Just the other day I read on a forum somewhere where there was another home invasion perpetrated by people dressed as cops. Very dangerous.

Michael

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom