1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

is it worth to renew your concealed carry with all the new laws

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by dubs chops, Jan 14, 2020.

1. okie362

okie362 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So your face looks identical to your....Nah, I ain't gonna go there. I'm being nice today.

YetiSam and CHenry like this.
  2. corneileous

corneileous Sharpshooter

Everything’s still the same as before, pricing and all. You’d think they’d back off on the price a little, or even just charge only a hundred bucks for only a ten year permit- get rid of that five year one since the majority of the reason for even keeping the permit in the first place is to travel outside Oklahoma’s borders to the other states we have reciprocity with. I know it costs money to do all that and yeah, it was a real cash cow when permits were required but even then, there was no reason to charge that much. There certainly isn’t now but it is what it is I spose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

Feedback on the high fee needs to be shared with legislators who view 2A favorably

corneileous likes this.
  4. corneileous

corneileous Sharpshooter

Well you know, you don’t have to get one. As long as you stay within Oklahoma‘s borders and as long as you’re alright with having to leave your gun in your vehicle whenever you go to a restaurant that serves alcohol, there really is no reason to pay for that permit at all. But I doubt they will ever reduce it because since they probably already have a really good idea that most people around here are going to cheap out and go the less expensive route and just do what little they can to keep them from having to buy a permit, they want to make as much money as they can from the people who refuse to be restricted.

I’m sure they’ve lost a lot of income from issuing those permits once that law changed so I highly doubt they’re going to reduce their income even more by making those permits any cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

I wonder if out of state permits are still offered and accepted by most states......and cheaper

6. Ak12161

Ak12161 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I did not know that... good information

7. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm renewing mine. I travel out of state enough to warrant it.

MacFromOK, xseler and corneileous like this.
  8. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm renewing mine. Got my passport photos yesterday.

AKguy1985, bigred1 and MacFromOK like this.
  9. Ken Andrews

Ken Andrews Marksman

Absolutely agree with everyone else recommending renewal of your Oklahoma Carry Permit. Being only five miles from the Kansas and 50 miles from the Missouri my wife and I are frequently in all three states on the same day. With family in Texas, Colorado, Florida and Illinois we will ALWAYS maintain ours for reciprocity... Also, highly recommend downloading the USCCA app to always have every state's carry laws and Oklahoma reciprocity info on your cell phone. The USCCA does a great job of keeping this vital info current.

10. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    @Ken Andrews - welcome to OSA! Why not run over to the Introductions thread and tell us a bit about yourself?

dennishoddy and Ken Andrews like this.