Jimmy Swaggart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember the praying hands on the ORU campus? When they were delivered, they had to be made in two pieces to be transported.
When they got the foundation finished they had a problem with getting the hands to come together without damaging the fingers. They called in a couple of engineers, but they never figured out a good way and got in to a big argument.

A 10 year old kid from the assembled crowd figured it out on his own. He walked up to the two hands that were laying on the ground, flipped a quarter in-between them, and they miraculously came together without any damage.

Problem solved.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the praying hands on the ORU campus? When they were delivered, they had to be made in two pieces to be transported.
When they got the foundation finished they had a problem with getting the hands to come together without damaging the fingers. They called in a couple of engineers, but they never figured out a good way and got in to a big argument.

A 10 year old kid from the assembled crowd figured it out on his own. He walked up to the two hands that were laying on the ground, flipped a quarter in-between them, and they miraculously came together without any damage.

Problem solved.

Good one.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another question I have, if Swaggart is a false prophet, the people that were "saved", I mean that kinda puts them in a tuff spot.

If hes justa a normal guy, preaching the word now......I dunno, something just doesnt add up.

If hes a scammer, then hows he still gettin away with this? Does he still belong to some denomination?

Does the separation of church and state apply to him? If he is scamming?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to prove he's scamming. He's just a sadder but wiser guy out there with his begging bowl. Tough call.
"To whomsoever much has been given, much will be required."
Saint Luke's way of saying "jeepers, Who knows?"

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another question I have, if Swaggart is a false prophet, the people that were "saved", I mean that kinda puts them in a tuff spot.

If hes justa a normal guy, preaching the word now......I dunno, something just doesnt add up.

If hes a scammer, then hows he still gettin away with this? Does he still belong to some denomination?

Does the separation of church and state apply to him? If he is scamming?

I like Swaggart. I think because he is a man of the Word, and he has failed so very badly. I can understand. One time about ten years back, I went into a room and heard some really beautiful piano rifts and singing - it was Brother Swaggart. He was playing the piano while he gazed straight up at the ceiling at some imaginary object, he was singing and crying and playing the piano at the same time.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A kid once asked "if Satan asked Jesus to forgive him, where would the bad people go"? All things are possible, right?

But back to Jimmy. He got me to thinking, I think a charismatic person could preach and build a congregation....really fool the people, and save souls just the same. One could then argue that the souls "saved" would still be genuinely saved thru Jesus. This would then mean its perfectly legal and not criminal in any way to swindle the people out of money. Yet still do good by preaching the gospel, even with malice in your heart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom