Jimmy Swaggart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Was this in a church or a bar? I don't doubt the authenticity of your testimony, but was Brother Swaggart using utensils, if you don't mind my asking?

I had to throw that in there to keep on line with the OP's topic. What I really would like to have seen was a piano duel between Swaggart and Liberace. Not being allowed to read the sheet music, but stare each other in the eye as they smoked the keyboard, playing "Gary Owen."

Edit: Definitely have Rosemary Garcia present, sitting on one of the pianos, smoking a cigarette.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Billy Graham always struck me as a good preacher, and a good man. A good and decent man. But I have always liked Swaggart, not despite his flaws in character - but because of them. He has never come across to me as a nice guy. He is more like a flawed hero from the Old Testament. Maybe four times in all of my life has my spirit been moved, and he was one of those who did it. He has it. In spite of his dubious character, he can deeply disturb and trouble me with some of his sermons. I don't like the way he cries and prays openly, but when he lets it go, and speaks from his heart, I am confused for hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom