Just Called USSA and WOW!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I been wanting to go shooting. I have a Full Auto and thought I would call USSA and make sure I can come out with my gun.

Keep in mind I am not a member, and I do have a few friends that are and I been out with them when they shoot and I have took my FULL AUTO in the past and let them know in the office I have it and want to shoot it. It was all good.

Well Today I called and some guy I talked with said I got to pay $20.00 for the day (no big deal) then he told me I got to pay $125.00 to have someone come out with me.

I had my Full Auto at USSA a few times shooting it with my friends and no big deal. Now I got to take a $125.00 class just to make sure I know how to shoot my gun??? (I do understand safety first, and the guys I have talked with that came into the gun shop said it only took 10 to 16 min. to go over Full Auto safety. Its just hard for me to justify that kind of money for that small amount of time.)

I was thinking about becoming a member now that I got a good paying job.

Oh well, looks like I will not go shooting today...

Last edited:

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that's a big chunk of change for 16min of ^class^.
I'm wanting to go shooting Thursday or so next week and thought I give USSA a try...so, is it $20 for a day pass? What kind of range access will they give u for that? I'm looking to shoot my ak74, 2 pistols and 22 rifle out there.
You have to take an orientation class, correct?

Didn't mean to hijack your thread coltdogg :D

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that's a big chunk of change for 16min of ^class^.
I'm wanting to go shooting Thursday or so next week and thought I give USSA a try...so, is it $20 for a day pass? What kind of range access will they give u for that? I'm looking to shoot my ak74, 2 pistols and 22 rifle out there.
You have to take an orientation class, correct?

Didn't mean to hijack your thread coltdogg :D

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=81

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thx for the link, but I was hoping for more info on a day pass. Membership is out of the question for now.

Edit: never mind, I found all the info I need. Thx guys

Last edited:

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Before people can come out and shoot auto weapons we require that we go out and make sure you can operate the weapon in a safe manner and not to put any of our members in danger. Your word that your safe doesn't count. We need to make sure. This is so when your out shooting with your family and you see a guy with a auto gun you know he has been explained the basics (safety and technique) of running an auto.
I am not sure we do auto certification on non-members though. Thats a perk of being a member. A guest would be the responsibility of the member so I can see why it worked before. I will look more into this and find out if non-members can be auto certified. The auto certification for members is free btw. I know because I do them. In fact let me know when you come out next and I will be sure to introduce myself if I am there (wed-sun) and we discuss getting your auto certification needs a little better.
I know we cant please all the people, all the time but we have made huge improvements to our membership rates and have added the training group to our lineup. Things are looking great for USSA right now. I think that the people who are coming out and the local shooting matches here are enjoying us being open and the nice bays, facility, and staff we have to offer. Then again we still have people that show up to shoot, find out it cost $20 and leave.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do understand being safe, what I do not understand is I got to pay $125.00 just to have someone come make sure I know how to shoot MY GUN. I am or was thinking of becoming a member. It can not happen for a few more months. But hey, you guys set the rules so I will do as asked. Don't look like I will get to shoot for a few months!

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
I do understand being safe, what I do not understand is I got to pay $125.00 just to have someone come make sure I know how to shoot MY GUN. I am or was thinking of becoming a member. It can not happen for a few more months. But hey, you guys set the rules so I will do as asked. Don't look like I will get to shoot for a few months!

The gun being yours is irrelevant to our safety concerns.
I know where the $125 came from, its the cost for a 2 hour Personal training. I am not sure why it was applied to this scenario. This is the way I see it.

A. We don't allow day pass people to shoot autos
B. We do allow them and the auto certification is free just like it is to members.

I will post when I hear more about this. BTW what type of NFA gun did you get?

Latest posts

Top Bottom