Just Called USSA and WOW!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISFast

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before people can come out and shoot auto weapons we require that we go out and make sure you can operate the weapon in a safe manner and not to put any of our members in danger. Your word that your safe doesn't count. We need to make sure. This is so when your out shooting with your family and you see a guy with a auto gun you know he has been explained the basics (safety and technique) of running an auto.
I am not sure we do auto certification on non-members though. Thats a perk of being a member. A guest would be the responsibility of the member so I can see why it worked before. I will look more into this and find out if non-members can be auto certified. The auto certification for members is free btw. I know because I do them. In fact let me know when you come out next and I will be sure to introduce myself if I am there (wed-sun) and we discuss getting your auto certification needs a little better.
I know we cant please all the people, all the time but we have made huge improvements to our membership rates and have added the training group to our lineup. Things are looking great for USSA right now. I think that the people who are coming out and the local shooting matches here are enjoying us being open and the nice bays, facility, and staff we have to offer. Then again we still have people that show up to shoot, find out it cost $20 and leave.

One thing i see wrong with this if you guys are really concerned about safety with others and full autos: The fact a guest can come with a member who may never been around a full auto can come out and shoot it with no class. When he comes by himself then he has to take the class. Does that seem a little odd? I mean either have them ALL take a class or don't. Now the family who is informed about rules questions the two guys shooting a full auto are they really safe due to probably didn't take the class. I don't care either way but looks like a hole for safety for your range.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before people can come out and shoot auto weapons we require that we go out and make sure you can operate the weapon in a safe manner and not to put any of our members in danger. Your word that your safe doesn't count....

Do you go out and make sure everyone shooting any weapon can operate their weapon in a safe manner?

Have you actually had more problems with unsafe full-auto than you have the others or is this just a keep the insurance company happy thing?

JEEPr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear a lot of talk about the price of USSA. I've been a member for about 6 months now. At first I was looking at the $30 a month and wondering if I could justify that as a range fee. I looked at where I was currently going to shoot (Happy Hollow) and how much money I was spending going there. It was about the same, plus HH was further away and I had to use the TPike. With my shooting habits I actually was saving money and getting a more than great place to shoot. They have a bay for just about anything you want to do. Pop up targets, steel, Carbine range, Rifle range, I normally spend about 5-6 hours when I go and have yet to run out of things that challenge me as a shooter. Currently I'm spending time on the IPSC Steel ranges just to work on target acquisition with speed and accuracy. There are also the places to shoot paper. I guess if all you want to do is stand still and shoot the $30 is too much. However, Since going there I have improved my shooting abilities tremendously plus don't have someone balking over a loud speaker when I shoot faster than 3 seconds between shots. The range masters are present but they are very friendly. I personally get bored just shooting at paper. I like to mix it up. Just as an example this was one of my days at the range. I started at the 100 yard carbine range with my black powder rifle, shot it. Shot other rifles I have there, Moved to the Rodgers range where they have pop up steel targets, then over to the IPSC Steel Ranges, and ending my day at a paper target area. I brought several rifles and pistols of different caliber plus black powder. I guess it comes down to what you want to do at a range and your budget.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Do you go out and make sure everyone shooting any weapon can operate their weapon in a safe manner?

Have you actually had more problems with unsafe full-auto than you have the others or is this just a keep the insurance company happy thing?

During our membership orientation we go over firearms safety and handling. So if your a member, you have been through it.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
and some of us question the status of what will happen to the range within 3 years.....

Because then you would be out......nothing. Contract would be voided and you wouldnt be paying the $30 a month. If you think we are going down in the next few months then the $30 is a no brainer. If you shoot more than once a month.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's just it. I only shot about one time in six months. When I worked at Medlocks I would take the gun in the range and run a few mags in the gun.

Now when I was at ussa with my friend that is a member, he did not do the auto class.

Bow u get the hint, spend a lot of money to shoot with ussa if I want to shoot...

So side anyone know where I can shoot my full auto around tulsa with out being a member?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because then you would be out......nothing. Contract would be voided and you wouldnt be paying the $30 a month. If you think we are going down in the next few months then the $30 is a no brainer. If you shoot more than once a month.

I've been burned in situations where someone bought something I had a contract in so no thanks. You also have no idea if anything is gonna change if it's bought. 3 years is too long, a year long contract I can stomach a bit more. Just sayin.

That being said, I HOPE someone comes in and buys it and keeps it open to the public because I want to take courses over the next 18 months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom