Just picked up a new man licker 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes... I have come to the conclusion that I NEED a deer rifle with this type of stock too. My plastic fantastic Savage shoots great and all, but it has no character. If I can't find a deal on a well-done sporterized Mauser or something, I may just have to break down and buy a CZ-550 FS in .308: :rubhands:

5a812083b6b437b1379c679db379b0f4.png

STOP! You're feeding my covetous side! LOL

I used to hunt with a guy who had a Ruger 77 International in .308. I've wanted one (or two) ever since!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Daniel, give the guys at CSA Gunworks in Bartlesville a call on (918) 337-0423. There is a guy there (very small shop) who makes stocks. He specializes in Mannlicher style stocks, too. He starts them from a block of whatever you want it made of and goes from there. I don't own anything he's made, but I've handled several examples and was impressed. He even inlays ebony and other materials.

That could be most interesting - a custom-made Mannlicher-style stock crafted from a block of strongly figured curly maple or burled walnut. Did you see any of the price tags on his stuff? Apparently they don't have their own web site.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up this 10/22 International Classic. I've been wanting one of these for a long time, and last week I finally found a deal on one... it was just over $300 shipped BNIB. I already had the perfect Weaver 1-3x20 to put on it. All it needs now is a nice leather sling.

i281.photobucket.com_albums_kk201_henschman_guns_image_zpsea19b45f.jpg

i281.photobucket.com_albums_kk201_henschman_guns_image_zps96456b3b.jpg

Very nice. I picked up the SS version of the 10/22 International last year. I was hoping to find a blued one like yours, but I'm not complaining. It's still a beauty.

i1347.photobucket.com_albums_p712_gunsmoke1960_Pistolas_2002_22edffb06bc65678e2a7117d04539a3e3.jpg

It looks like yours has deeper and different etching and your butt stock has some really cool molding compared to mine.

What rings did you use to mount your Weaver? I've got to get a scope on mine. And a sling. Ah, it never ends...

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That could be most interesting - a custom-made Mannlicher-style stock crafted from a block of strongly figured curly maple or burled walnut. Did you see any of the price tags on his stuff? Apparently they don't have their own web site.

No, sorry, I didn't. It was pretty nice stuff, though. I'm no authority on that kind of thing but his finished work looked awfully nice. I'm not surprised about the website. They still have some stuff on the shelves for sale that might have been made when I was in grade school. They're a really small shop. I'd give 'em a call, though.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yours is awful purdy too Mr. Sig!

Mine is a special edition made by Talo. The main difference between it and a regular International is that it has the basket weave checkering, Monte Carlo type stock, and a regular sling stud in front instead of the rotating swivel like yours.

I actually used Weaver rings too... I used "medium" height ones, but they are about as low as you can get. They are sold at Wal Mart.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes... I have come to the conclusion that I NEED a deer rifle with this type of stock too. My plastic fantastic Savage shoots great and all, but it has no character. If I can't find a deal on a well-done sporterized Mauser or something, I may just have to break down and buy a CZ-550 FS in .308: :rubhands:

5a812083b6b437b1379c679db379b0f4.png

There was a very pretty blonde one in Mustang Gun and Pawn a while back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom