Just what I needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it.

Wait a minute.
I believe there are many that hunt waterfowl on core lakes and from a boat.
I have not heard this federal crime before.

OK I looked it up hunting season and hunting purpose it is allowed.
During hunting seasons only. Don't try taking a firearm with you in the pontoon on a sunny summer afternoon and get a safety check.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers would like to remind visitors to area Corps lakes of the current federal regulations in place regarding weapons.

Title 36 to the Code of Federal Regulations (Section 327.13, Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks) states “The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited.”

There are exceptions to this regulation which include possession of a firearm by law enforcement officers, and by hunters and fishermen participating in programs managed through local lake offices.

The new open carry law set to take effect on January 1, 2016, does not change the status of the above-mentioned federal regulations. State law authorizing licensed concealed and open carry of firearms does not apply to Corps offices, campgrounds, day use areas, wildlife/hunting areas, or any area managed by the Corps.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are y'all doing with your boats that are so bad? I know what it is. You're buying too much boat. You can't fix it yourself. Get you a 2 stroke Evinrude 25hp from the 90s and a factory manual off of Amazon and 16-18ft deep v aluminum. Fish, camp, explore for low cost. Heck if it breaks down you can use the trolling motor to get far enough.
Exactly. If just for fishing, a 16' Semi V bow boat with a 25-40hp engine is pretty useful.
Back when I had my modified 200 hp Merc on a 17.8' Ranger Bass Boat, I would flog the water with lures and blaze off to the next spot if no fish were caught.
The smaller boat forces one to learn to fish the water they are in and focus on areas that carry fish vs cast and blast techniques, actually catching more fish in the long run.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We raised our two girls on the Lake. Them and a multitude of their friends! Fishing, skiing and tubing from teeth chattering cold water thru the summer and till it got too cold to do it, every year till they left home.

Keep the maintenance up on a boat and it will give your family fun 10 times the value!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During hunting seasons only. Don't try taking a firearm with you in the pontoon on a sunny summer afternoon and get a safety check.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers would like to remind visitors to area Corps lakes of the current federal regulations in place regarding weapons.

Title 36 to the Code of Federal Regulations (Section 327.13, Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks) states “The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited.”

There are exceptions to this regulation which include possession of a firearm by law enforcement officers, and by hunters and fishermen participating in programs managed through local lake offices.

The new open carry law set to take effect on January 1, 2016, does not change the status of the above-mentioned federal regulations. State law authorizing licensed concealed and open carry of firearms does not apply to Corps offices, campgrounds, day use areas, wildlife/hunting areas, or any area managed by the Corps.
Did y'all know that OK has 25 Corp of Engineers lakes? I guess I've got 5 'oops' to my credit and probably should just not push my luck(honestly didn't know I couldn't take a firearm on my boat on those lakes). Thanks for the info - no need to get a federal charge on my record!

Latest posts

Top Bottom