Kimber customer service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can I see your Dan Wesson?
i don't have one anymore, in fact i'm trading my last 1911 tomorrow. But as some on this board can attest i've owned every thing from springers,ed browns,les bear,cylinder & slide,nowlin,colt , ted yost ned christiansen and even an s&w 1911. Not tryin to be a jerk but for what kimber charges you can get a much better pistol.oh and yes ive owned 4 kimbers

Last edited:

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't let them get to you, there is nothing wrong with Kimbers. That's a Grand Raptor in my avatar, it has been perfect. Every Kimber I have owned (six of them) has been perfect.
I agree!!! glad they are willing to help you. I have several kimbers , wilson combat , nowlin (made by garth peterson) and I know they are not built with bullit proof parts but new the shoot very well and well worth the money

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't have one anymore, in fact i'm trading my last 1911 tomorrow. But as some on this board can attest i've owned every thing from springers,ed browns,les bear,cylinder & slide,nowlin,colt , ted yost ned christiansen and even an s&w 1911. Not tryin to be a jerk but for what kimber charges you can get a much better pistol.oh and yes ive owned 4 kimbers
I bought a new custom II for 750.00 new shot very good tell me which one of those you bought for the same money.OH and by the way you are doing a very good job for not even trying,just think how good you could be if you really put your mind to it.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new custom II for 750.00 new shot very good tell me which one of those you bought for the same money.OH and by the way you are doing a very good job for not even trying,just think how good you could be if you really put your mind to it.
$750 is closer to what they are worth. I had a STI spartan that was better than any of the kimbers i owned and it was $650

Sorry you think im being a jerk, just relating my experience. I got my first 1911 when i was 13 ,i'm 51 now. I have a bunch of experience with 1911's

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still would like to know the answer to my question. There was a guy on here that had his Kimber's hammer break, Kimber simply just sent him a new one. Just curious if this is a pattern, because if so..... Kimber's CS sucks and is extremely irresponsible.

My main problem with Kimber is the stupid series II safety system. If it breaks and it does.... you're screwed.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when you are dealing with mass produced 1911s some will shoot better than others I have a freind who has an STI spartan he would gladly trade me for any of the kimbers i own. as a matter of fact i got a new range officer the same time he got his STI and my RO shot better than his sti. but his sti needed the sights adjusted wasnt just him i shot it too and they were quite a bit off. but i would not discount all STI spartans.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Spartan can be sent back to STI for warranty repair, and they'll do some upgrade work on it to make things right as well.

Can the Kimber series II safety system be removed or disabled? Would that make the gun function like the original design? Not familiar with that safety system, since no one competes using a Kimber. Which says the most about their products.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still would like to know the answer to my question. There was a guy on here that had his Kimber's hammer break, Kimber simply just sent him a new one. Just curious if this is a pattern, because if so..... Kimber's CS sucks and is extremely irresponsible.

My main problem with Kimber is the stupid series II safety system. If it breaks and it does.... you're screwed.

If I remember right, here's the issue with his Kimber. Thumb safety on, pull the trigger (of course it wont engage since safety is on), click thumb safety off, hammer automatically falls to half-cock.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right, here's the issue with his Kimber. Thumb safety on, pull the trigger (of course it wont engage since safety is on), click thumb safety off, hammer automatically falls to half-cock.

Ok, so what did Kimber do about it? Did they just send him a safety? If so, their CS sucks and is lazy..... and irresponsible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom