Kitty Cats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Splains it. But, our fat ginger tom, Cheddar, does not mind a belly rub.
HowToPetACatSm2.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm with ya bro! No animal felines around my place in the country. Feral cats are the #1 predator of wild game when the folks that want to free willey dump them out where we live.
I used to have outdoor cats only, in the country, to catch mice and vowels. I bet I went trough 3 or 4 cats a year to the Yotes. These are indoor only, trained (yes you can train a cat on what not to do).
They are kool as ice. Sleep with me and know not to mess with my space in the bed., They are conditioned to my routine and if they jump on the cabinet ( no longer) the get a squirt bottle of water and vinegar (cats are very sensitive to smell and they hate vinegar water).
I always loved cats, they are the most majestic animal among predators, from house cats to African lions.
Love dogs too but there is nothing majestic there, and I dont have to let my cats out to poop on a set time

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And as you know, they're all different.
My current cat has yet to get aggressive if I'm scratching her there, and she likes her whole belly rubbed too.
My last cat would plot your death if you even thought about her belly.
yep, mine love a belly rub. Mine are a set of litter mates I rescued, 1 male and 1 female. they look very much like Bengal but I cant confirm that.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck we had a cat that did the opposite! She didn’t like her back being petted and she would lower herself way down, like limbo. Was hilarious.

I always thought I didn’t like cats and preferred dogs. Up until we moved to the country 10yr ago, we’ve always had outdoor cats to control the vermin. I finally learned how cool some cats really are. Certain cats have tons of personality and are quite intelligent. I have begun to see dogs as annoying troublemakers

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine know d*mn well what I saying, but they just don’t give a sh*t. The 2 baby gatos are in time out right now for being hellions. :rolleyes2

True. But you know you CAN train a cat. You just gotta be smarter than the cat. 🤷 Most people are NOT smarter than cats. 😉

That said, my cats know sit, stay, don't you do it! and WTF DID I TELL YOU?? DON'T DO IT!! ... 🤷🤷 So do my chickens ... And rabbits. Lol Seriously. Ok well maybe not the rabbits so much but every one of my chickens will stand there and let you pick it up if I tell it to BE STILL. That way if I need to treat an injury or illness I can without giving myself a heart attack chasing chickens all over the yard. 🤗

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
True. But you know you CAN train a cat. You just gotta be smarter than the cat. 🤷 Most people are NOT smarter than cats. 😉
Yes they can, my cats know words like 'treat time", and "what the HELL are you doing"? lol
I used the old style wood mouse traps on my counters to teach them that was a land mine zone, so stay away. Set 3 of them in line across a counter about 1 foot apart and if they jump up and even bump one, it trips and flips tripping the next one causing a lot of loud unexpected surprises. I never saw it happen but I can imagine how fast they jumped down and ran. Next morning I knew after seeing the tripped traps.
After using these for a few weeks, they dont get up on my kitchen counters LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom