Let's see the Jeeps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We've made a few changes since these were taken. It's mostly for cruising and tailgating! It's been at my friend's shop being worked on this spring and I am dying to get it out. The next big step is a new paint job and a set of hard doors/top.

ai209.photobucket.com_albums_bb231_Stillh20brewer_DSC_0749_1.jpg

Awesome! This is my favorite in this thread!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! This is my favorite in this thread!

Thanks!

I found a hard top and doors last weekend. They need some love but I have some time before I need em this winter. The top is an Acme brand and it's a little different then what I've seen. I like how it has clips instead of bolts but I need new back glass and a little fiberglass work. I am picking it up Friday so I can enjoy part of Father's Day weekend tinkering around on it with my dad, brother and some beers. I'll be sure to post some updated pictures from the weekend.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice Jeep! Great pictures!
What's being done to it?

Not sure if that was directed at me, but if it was...thanks!
1. Pulled the seats/dash/console/bumpers/fender flares/door hardware/hood hardware/cowl
2. Ryno Lined the interior & nerf bars
3. Installed new seats, bumper/fender flares/black hardware/cowl/Nerf bar covers/rear seat/spare tire carrier/mirrors.
4. Painted Dash & coated wheels
5. Mechanic improvements on carb/power steering pump/new brakes/transmission & Transfer Case service/New Drive line seals.

Next on the list is:
1. Install new orange seat belts/console
2. Sound System
3. New Paint - Pantone 166 "OSU Orange"

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, it has the straight 6. I'm a little concerned about the transition. It was slipping, but after being services it has stopped. One thing my friend (& mechanic) said was that he could really never tell if it was shifting. Then I thought about it and couldn't think back to a time when I noticed it shifting into another gear either. It never sounds like the RPMs are high even in the slightest, but you would think the shift would be more noticeable.

jeepersjeep

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Car Show OKC July 9th
I've got 4 Jeeps already going and would like to see some of you there.
Not really a Jeep show but, I entered last year and had a hell of a time.
Anyways-
It would be cool to see some of you Jeepers there with me. Be a good time to do that once a year wax
Last year I got two shirts and a picture of the Jeep. It cost $20 bucks (I think it's $25 this year).
Let me know if anyone's thinking about showing. I'll save a spot next to me.
Thinking about showing up mud covered this year, not sure yet. If I had the extra money I'd pay a dumptruck to dump a bunch of boulders off there in the morning.
It'll be next to Bass Pro Shops in OKC.

http://gopcccarshow.weebly.com/

Hope to see some other Fourm members there!

Here's the ad:
The 4th Annual GO-PCC Car,Truck, & Bike Show is scheduled for July 9, 2011in the OKC Bricktown Bass Pro Shops south parking lot. Vehicle registration is from 8:30am to 11:30am with trophies awarded at 1:00pm. There are 28 classes. Early registration is $25 and includes a car show t-shirt. Day-of-event registration is $25, but does not include a t-shirt.
No admission to general public.
Door Prize Drawings
Live Music
BBQ and Cold Drinks
66 Trophies will be awarded
T-shirts
Car Show Certificates
Free Health Screening provided by the Lions Club Mobile Health Unit

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Erick and JeepersJeep, how hard are the older ones to work on? Find parts for? I would love to have a CJ-7 (actually, like the poster above me, I really want a CJ-8...) but I really know nothing about them.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoy having an ice chest of good beer and tinkering and installing things that don't make a jeep run. However, I am in no way a mechanic. I loath with every fiber in me working on a vehicle. Getting under a vehicle and busting knuckles on a stripped bolt is not for me. I am a calm and collected person but my patience and temper collides if I am under a automobile or pinned in the motor carriage.

Saying all that working on a CJ7 (or older) is thousands of times easier than the newer models. There is a lot of room under the hood in a straight 6 jeep. It's also not too complicated either. Parts are very easy to come by. Not too expensive either. I wouldn't/couldn't touch a newer Jeep. There is a lot more after market accessories for the newer ones like the TJ's.

If I had the extra cash, I would really like to have an 05ish TJ Rubicon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom